Add some sparkle and shine to your holiday this year. Make your very own red and gold glitter ornaments from Beacon Adhesives. These make great decorations for you or to give as a gift.
- GEM-TAC EMBELLISHING GLUE
- DAZZLE-TAC JEWELRY GLUE
- Small gold, white pearl, and amber flat back beads
- Clear 4” diameter glass ornament
- Two different patterned holiday ribbons (example uses red & green plaid
- Fine gold glitter
- Scissors, small funnel, toothpick, small medicine cup.
- Rinse out glass ornament with warm water to wash away any dust.
- Carefully remove the top of the ornament. Mix ½ tsp of GEM-TAC with a few drops of water, mixing with a toothpick. Mixture should be thin but not too runny. Pour mixture into ornament and shake and turn ornament to coat the inside of the ball with glue. Turn ball upside down over a paper cup to drain excess glue. Let stand about one minute.
- Place the funnel into opening and pour in at least ½ tsp of gold glitter. Place thumb over opening and shake until the entire inside of the ball is well coated. Let dry overnight and repeat process if any bare spots can be seen. Glue ornament top on with a little DAZZLE-TAC.
- Cut two lengths of the plaid ribbon and glue onto the ball using a bit of DAZZLE-TAC, crisscrossing the ribbon. Repeat process with gold and red ribbon.
- Apply a bead of DAZZLE-TAC between the ribbons and press on the gold, pearl, and amber beads as in the photo. Use a toothpick to gently press them in place. Repeat around the ball until complete. Glue extra beads around top to finish. Tie cord onto cap loop to hang.