Pink Stocking Ornament
By: Sherrie Ragsdale for Plaid
The Stocking Ornament is a great craft you can make and use every Christmas. Hang this decorative ornament on your tree each year and you'll love the added pop of color.
- 402 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Light Blue, 2 oz.
- 437 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
- 633 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- 634 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Hot Pink, 2 oz.
- 644 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Grass Green, 2 oz.
- 901 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- 954 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Fresh Foliage, 2 oz.
- Paper mache round ornament - 3¾" x 3/8"
- ¾" Flat brush
- Liner brush
- ¼" flat brush
- 2 Red beads
- 1 - ½" wooden bead
- 3/8" Sheer white ribbon
- Hot glue
- Basecoat ornament Baby Pink. Allow to dry.
- Trace stocking onto center of ornament.
- Paint the top, heel and toe with Lipstick Red the middle Fresh Foliage. Paint the balls Wicker White. Allow to dry.
- Shade by floating Grass Green on the Fresh Foliage and Black on the Lipstick Red. Shade the white balls with Light Blue.
- Add Grass Green swirls to stocking as shown in photo.
- Highlight the top, toe and the center of stocking by dry brushing Wicker White.
- Add Hot Pink swirls as shown in photo. Dry brush around the stocking with Hot Pink. Outline everything with Licorice using the liner brush.
- Paint the wooden bead Hot Pink. Allow to dry and then add a red bead to hanger followed by the wooden pink bead and lastly the 2nd red bead.
- Secure with hot glue in the hole of the top bead.
- Tie a bow at the top with sheer white ribbon.