This is a perfect craft to keep for yourself or give to a friend as a gift. This Christmas ornament speaks for itself. It's glittery and beautiful. Acrylic paints and styrofoam balls put this ornament together.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Balls, one each size: 3", 2", 1-1/2"
- Black craft foam, 1/2 sheet (hats only)
- Glitter: iridescent white micro, black (hats only)
- Beads: black, 4mm, two; pink, 6mm, two; pearl, 6mm, three
- Wooden dowel rod, 3/16", 6" length
- Wooden skewer
- Acrylic paints: pearl, rose, orange
- White glittered chenille stem, 2" length (earmuffs only)
- White glittered pom poms, 1/2", two (earmuffs only)
- White ribbon: curling, 1/4" x 1/2 yd.; wire-edged sheer, 1" x 1/3 yd.
- White ribbon roses with leaves, 1" across, one to two
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Paintbrushes: flat, liner
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Craft knife
- Craft snips
- Floral wire
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut 1/4" from top and bottom of 2" ball. Tightly twist balls together to form snowman; use glue gun to secure.
- Use craft snips to cut dowel in half for arms; paint pearl. While still wet, sprinkle with white glitter. Push cut ends into scrap piece of foam to dry.
- Insert skewer into bottom of snowman. Holding skewer, spread craft glue evenly over entire snowman. Sprinkle surface with white glitter; use fingers to gently press glitter into glue. Stick skewer into scrap piece of foam to let glue dry.
- Use glue gun to glue arms into body as shown. Glue and gently press beads into foam for eyes, cheeks, and buttons.
- Use craft snips to cut 1" from pointed end of skewer for nose. Paint orange; glue to face. Use liner brush to paint tiny rose mouth.
- Trace patterns onto black craft foam; cut out with craft knife.
- For snowman, overlap short hat crown edges 1/4"; use glue gun to secure. Use craft glue to glue top inside crown and crown to brim; let dry. Apply craft glue to entire hat and sprinkle with black glitter; let dry. Glue hat to head. Glue short length of curling ribbon around hat for band; glue ribbon rose to band. Tie sheer ribbon around neck. Tie remaining curling ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends.
- For snowlady, make a cut from edge of hat crown to center. Overlap edges and bend crown into shallow cone; use hot glue to secure. Use craft glue to glue crown to brim. Apply craft glue to entire hat and sprinkle with black glitter; let dry. Glue bonnet to head. Center sheer ribbon over top of bonnet; tie under chin. Spot glue knot to chin to secure. Tie curling ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends. Glue ribbon roses to hat brim and ribbon knot.
- For snowbaby, bend chenille stem into a "U"; glue ends to sides of head. Glue pom poms over chenille stem ends. Tie sheer ribbon around neck. Tie curling ribbon around neck; use scissors blade to curl ends.
- Cut 3" length from wire for hanger. Bend wire into hook; glue into top of head.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.