Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Felt Christmas Tree Ornament
By: Angie Wilhite for Kreinik
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a cute, easy to create, felt Christmas tree ornament you can use to compliment your real tree. Follow this easy pattern and you'll have your own handmade decorative craft!
1. Print out these instructions and cut out the tree template.
3. Cut green felt into two 4" x 4" pieces and the cashmere tan felt into two 2" x 3" pieces. Cover felt with a pressing cloth before fusing. Following manufacturer's directions, apply transfer web to one piece of green felt and one piece of tan felt. Remove paper backing. Apply fusible fleece to the other pieces of green and tan felt. Position green and tan felt pieces wrong sides together and fuse. Pin tree pattern to green felt and tree trunk pattern to tan felt. Cut out felt pieces.
4. Using Very Fine (#4) Braid 053F, blanket stitch around outside edges of tree and tree trunk. (You may need to help your child get started stitching the blanket stitch, but they should get the hang of it pretty quickly.)
5. Using one strand of Very Fine Braid 055F, wrap thread around needle three times and sew 3 French knots on tree in various places. Repeat this procedure with the other colors of braid. (Since it's can be tricky keeping the wrapped thread on the needle as you create the knot, you may need to do this stepfor your child.)
6. Glue tree trunk to bottom of the tree. Glue star to top of the tree.
7. Cut at 10-inch length of Very Fine Braid 053F and knot end. Sew braid on back side of top of ornament, and pull thread to form a 6-inch loop. Knot end of braid in felt. Trim thread.
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Top Ornaments Projects