Create a delicate snowflake ornament with colorful "cocktail" beads. A snowflake wire form makes this project a snap. Cover your tree with these beaded snowflake ornaments from Rings & Things or hang from windows.
- 1 #20-002-3220 Toho Seed Bead Cocktails™, tropical hut
- 1 #55-910 Snowflake wire form
- 6 #43-009-3 Figure-8 wire connectors
- 13 #23-319-044 Tip-drilled glass teardrop beads
- 1ft. #46-708-14 ColourCraft® 28-gauge wire, silver plate
- Heavy-duty round-nose pliers
- small cutters
- Start by randomly adding beads onto one (of six) section(s) of the snowflake form. Once you have finished one section of the snowflake form, use your round-nose pliers to create a loop at the end of the wire.
- Attach a teardrop bead to the large end of one figure-8 connector. Add this to the end of your completed section.
- Repeat steps 1-2 five more times for a total of six sections.
- Tie a teardrop bead to the center of the snowflake using approx. 1ft of small beading wire. Weave wire around the snowflake prongs, adding a teardrop bead after each prong. Go through your beads a few times making sure your wire weave is both on top of the snowflake form, and the bottom. Finish by “tying” a wire knot and snipping any extra wire. Be aware of sharp edges and file them down with a small file.
TIP: Wire wrapping or weaving does not need to be a precise or perfected skill. As long as the beads look the way you want them, you have “done it right.” Don’t give up! It may take a few tries to get it the way you like it.