Use Christmas carol sheet music to create a lovely ball ornament perfect for music lovers. These ornaments will encourage friends and family to burst into song!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Christmas carol sheet music or photocopy
- Artificial berry or holly pick
- Decoupage medium
- White/iridescent glitter
- Silver jingle bells, 1", two
- Sheer white/iridescent ribbon, 1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- Silver cording
- Wooden skewer
- Wide, soft paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Cut title from sheet music and cut rest of page into 1-1/2" squares. Insert wooden skewer into bottom of foam ball to use as handle.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply decoupage medium to small area of ball and to back of one paper square. Smooth paper onto ball; if paper won't lay flat, cut tiny slits into paper edges and press to ball. Cover entire ball in same way, overlapping paper edges.
- Trim music title as desired and glue to ball in visible location; place skewer in heavy glass or jar to dry. Apply generous coat of decoupage medium to entire ball; while wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Remove skewer.
- Cut 8" length from cording; knot ends for hanging loop. Use skewer tip to make small hole in center top of ornament. Apply glue to cording knot and use skewer to push knot into hole. Tie ribbon bow and glue to base of hanger.
- Cut two 6" lengths from cording and tie a jingle bell to one end of each length. Place dot of glue into hole at bottom of ornament and use skewer to push cord ends into hole. Glue small bit of greenery to ornament to cover hole.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.