Recycle old CD’s into colorful trendy ornaments. With a little paint, wire and beads, you can add a new look to the holiday season with the help of Krylon.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Hunter Green (#53502)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Tomato (#53532)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Purple (#51913)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Shimmering Silver (#402)
- 3 Compact Discs
- 24 gauge Non-Tarnishing wire: (1) 2 yard length Gold and (2) 2 yard lengths Silver.
- 10” length 1/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 10” lengths 1/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- Assorted sizes and shapes of beads (silver, green, dark red, gold, blue & purple)
- (3) 4” lengths cloth covered floral wire
- (3) 8” lengths 20 gauge wire
- Nail large enough to make a 1/8" diameter hole
- Flat nose pliers
- Cardboard boxes for spray booth and drying ornaments.
- Dowel rod to fit across box for drying ornaments
- Wire cutters
- To make a hole for hanging, use flat nose pliers to heat nail and push through CD about 1/8" from edge. Cool.
- Twist one end of 20 gauge wire thru hanging hole and form hook on opposite end. This will serve as a handle while painting and drying.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint each CD a different color: Hunter Green, Purple, Tomato. Hang ornaments on dowel rods across box to dry completely. Remove wire when dry.
- Adding beads: Refer to photograph. Anchor one end of the 24 gauge length of wire in the 1/8" hole. String beads in front of ornament only. Green and silver beads for green ornament; green, dark red and gold for red ornament; blue, purple and silver for purple ornament. Make 13 evenly spaced rows of beads around CD. Twist end of wire to back side of first wire. Trim excess wire.
- Hanger and bow: Tie hanger ribbon thru 1/8" hole. Tie 2 loop bow. Slip floral wire thru knot in bow on back side. Wire to ornament thru 1/8" hole. Twist bow tails around fingers to shape and trim as desired.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Read the 19 personalized ornament ideas for some great gifts.