Remember Baby's first Christmas for years to come with this special painted, porcelain ornament. Add the baby's name for a personalized touch. This is a great holiday project for those new to painting.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG31 - Baby Pink
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG151 - Royal Fuchsia
- DAG227 - Bright Yellow
- DAG234 - Calypso Blue
- DAG235 - Citron Green
- Round #3 brush
- Liner brush #2
- Foam plate
- 3/8" round foam pouncer brush
- Coordinating 1/4" wide ribbon for hanger (We used pink micro-check.)
- 4" porcelain Teddy Bear ornament, Michael's #10455121
Preparation: Remove all labels and hangers from ornament and clean surface before painting.
- Use pouncer brush dipped in Bright Yellow to sponge paint onto ornament surface below neckline for baby's sleeper; let dry.
- Use pouncer brush dipped in Baby Pink to dot on cheeks; let dry.
- Use round brush and Calypso Blue to paint words across chest/arm area. Use end of brush handle dipped in Calypso Blue to dot on eyes. Let dry.
- Use end of brush handle dipped in Royal Fuchsia to paint three groups of three small dots for holly berry buttons on sleeper (see photo). Paint line of small dots around sleeper neckline and let dry.
- Use liner brush and Black to paint inverted triangle for nose and line for mouth; let dry.
- Use liner brush and Citron Green to paint V shapes for leaves around holly berries; let dry.
- Loop ribbon through hole of ornament and tie ends together.