50+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
By: Blair Chavis, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From ornaments that look like candy, to beaded Christmas ornaments to make, to homemade Christmas ornaments that look like Santa and angels, you have an array of 48 simple homemade Christmas ornaments to choose from!
Learn how to make Christmas ornaments that will help your tree sparkle and shine.
These simple homemade Christmas gifts can also be given as gifts during the holiday season - no matter who you give one to, it's sure to become a keepsake.
50+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Table of Contents
Check out these great (free!) Christmas craft eBooks:
- Yummy Cupcake Ornaments: These sweet homemade Christmas ornaments are perfect for decorating your Christmas tree.
- Hot Cocoa Ornament: For this simple home Christmas ornament, all you need is STYROFOAM Brand Foam, fabric and a clothespin. Warm your tree and save yourself those pesky holiday calories.
- Candy Ornaments: These beautiful candy-inspired handmade Christmas ornaments are great for kids to make with their parents.
- Delicious Gumdrop Ornament: Leftover materials from this Christmas ornament craft make for a pretty sweet snack!
- Easy Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments: If you're already baking Christmas cookies, make a separate batch with glue, and you'll have yummy-smelling homemade Christmas ornaments. Just don't mix up the batches and feed your famly the wrong ones!
- Gingerbread Ornament: This personalized gingerbread ornament made from polymer clay is a great craft for kids to make at any age. Parents, help them out, as some of the tools used for this project are sharp.
- Cookie Sheet Ornament: Beautiful handmade Christmas ornaments are great for the baker in your life! Attach it to a package of homemade cookies for a gift that's sure to please.
- Sparkling Beaded Ornaments: These easy-to-make Christmas ornaments will glitter up your tree. All you need is STYROFOAM Brand Foam, micro-beads and adhesive.
- Delicate Snowflake Ornament: Colorful "cocktail" beads and a snowflake wire form make this an simple homemade Christmas ornament that is sure to impress your guests!
- Beaded Crystal Ornament: This craft idea for Christmas ornaments will only take you 15 minutes to make and can be displayed on your Christmas tree.
- Red and Gold Glitter Ornament: These are the Christmas tree ornaments to make if you're looking for some two-toned magic.
- Beaded Green Ornament: These would look stunning on a white or silver tree! Handmade Christmas ornaments also make great gifts for everyone on your list!
- Christmas Carol Ornament: Sheet music is the inspirational source for this easy-to-make Christmas ornament.
- Mirrored Swirl Ornaments: Mirrored paint and jewel-tone colors swirl together in this unique Christmas ornament.
- Canning Jar Reindeer: This cheap, personalized Christmas ornament can be made from household items such as a canning jar lid and paint.
- Christmas Tree Holiday Domino Necklace or Ornament: This craft idea for Christmas ornaments can also double as a jewelry craft. You can also wear it for New Year's Eve once Christmas is over!
- Colorful Holiday Felted Ornaments: Christmas tree ornaments are easy and they're also a great way to keep the kids entertained during winter break. These colorful holiday felted ornaments are just the thing to keep your holidays merry and bright!
- Crochet Heart Ornament: Love the Christmas season? Show it off with this crochet Christmas craft. You can create this ornament quickly and add it to your tree for a fun touch. While you're at it, make a few of these Christmas ornaments and give them to family members and friends. This is a great Christmas gift idea for anyone on your list.
- Gift Card Holder Ornament: If there is someone on your Christmas list that is hard to buy for, you can't go wrong with a gift card. Instead of simply handing over the plastic, make a cute Christmas ornament craft and hang the present on your tree. It's like giving two gifts in one! If you don't sew, have no fear - this project doesn't require a needle and thread.
- Festive Ice Skate Ornaments: Nothing says Christmas quite like hot cocoa, snowmen and, of course, ice skating. If you can't hit the rink this year, make these cute Christmas ornament crafts instead. This no-sew project can be created by adults and kids alike. Since it doesn't take long to create each ice skate, you can make a bunch and hang them all on your tree together.
- Fuzzy Felt Snowman Ornament: Who doesn't love the look of a snowman during the holiday season? Avoid cold hands and wet boots by creating a snowman Christmas craft that you can hand on your tree. Use scraps of felt to bring this Christmas sewing pattern to life. Give him a name and hang him on your tree - this snowman can be your new holiday companion!
- Crochet Mermaid Ornament: This may not be the most simple homemade Christmas ornament, but your effort will be well worth it. Having this-one-of-a-kind design on your tree and watch as others smile and swoon.
- Bearded Santa Ornament: This wooden Santa craft uses non-traditional colors for a bright and unique Christmas ornament.
- Clothespin Santa and Rudolph: Clothespins and felt are all you need for these cheap, personalized Christmas ornaments.
- Crochet Santa Ornament: This crocheted Christmas tree ornament pattern is beautiful and impressive. Use heavy metallic braid to crochet a festive Santa Christmas ornament.
- Santa and Snowman Ornament: These quick and easy DIY crafts can be create with flannel and felt. If you want lasting memories of holiday crafting, these are the Christmas tree ornaments to make.
- Claus Finial Ornament: Use crackle texture on an inexpensive base to create an adorable Christmas couple. These unique Christmas ornaments can be passed on to future generations.
- Crochet Santa Ornament: Young ones will especially love this crocheted Christmas tree ornament pattern when it's finished! This craft idea for Christmas ornaments can be made in a few easy steps. Grab your worsted weight yarn and get to work.
- Santa Claus Ornament: Made from high lustre yarn and a plastic canvas, this craft idea for Christmas ornaments will brighten up your tree.
- Cute Santa Hat Ornaments: These cute Santa hats make a great addition to trees and gift packages. Everyone is sure to love them!
- Cute Crochet Santa Ornament: Instead of buying a Christmas ornament this year, gather up your yarn and hooks for this Christmas crochet pattern. This adorable Christmas Santa ornament doesn't take long to make but is sure to leave a lasting impression. Once you've mastered this project, crochet Mrs. Claus and a few elves, too.
- Peaceful Angel Ornament: This paper Christmas ornament is simply made from cardstock, ribbon and felt has a cute angel that will bless your Christmas tree this year.
- Antique Angel Ornament or Wall Decor: This cheap, personalized Christmas ornament is made with inexpensive foam painted with a faux rust finish.
- Angel Ornament Pattern: Creates a beautiful Christmas angel craft that can be displayed any time of year.
- Clay Angel Ornament: Make a polymer clay angel craft and add a unique Christmas ornament to your tree!
- Dated Angel Ornament: If there's a new addition in the family or you just want to mark a momentous occasion, this is a nice craft idea for Christmas ornaments.
- Little Angel Crochet Pattern: Christmas tree decorations are a fun and easy way to decorate for the holiday. These angels can be whipped up quickly, so you can create a unique angel for everyone you love.
- Recycled CD Holiday Ornament: Tired of that CD from the 1990s? Repurpose it as a unique Christmas ornament and showcase some family photos or cute designs.
- Greeting Card Ornament: Recycled greeting cards and cookie cutters can be used for this cheap, personalized Christmas ornament.
- Cookie Cutter Ornament: Iron-on threads, cookie cutter shapes and old Christmas cards make this project as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Simple Christmas Ornament: These homemade Christmas ornaments will be a hit with your friends and family. Give one as a gifts in person or send it by mail.
- Recycled Light Bulb Holiday Ornaments: Don't throw away those burnt-out light bulbs just yet. With a little water-based varnish, tissue paper, paint and a ribbon, these eco-friendly ornaments make a great craft idea for Chrismas ornaments.
- Milk Bottle Cap Ornament: Plastic caps and leftover wrapping paper join to create these super cute handmade Christmas ornaments! You could also fill the bottle caps with pictures of your kids, grandkids or even images of what you want for Christmas!
- Easy Photo Christmas Ornaments: Save old Christmas cards and other paper items to create this simple geometric Christmas ornament craft. Add photos to each side to create a personal keepsake that you can put up year after year. This ornament can be made in a flash but looks so intricate.
Who doesn't love creating homemade Christmas ornaments? Get more great Christmas craft ideas and learn how to make your own unique keepsakes with our roundup of 28 Ornaments to Give or Keep for Yourself. These DIY Christmas ornaments are fun to make and perfect for any tree. As the name states, you can save your craft for yourself or give it away and a DIY Christmas gift. Either way, your work is sure to stand out this holiday season.
- Canning Jar Lid Ornament: Save a canning jar lid and create this quick and easy Christmas craft. Eco-friendly crafts are a great way to save on supplies and help the Earth.
- Knit Mitten Ornaments: Get your needles moving and make a set of miniature mittens. This Christmas ornament craft is sure to become a family heirloom.
- Glittered Snowman and Santa Ball Ornaments: Glitter is always in season, but during the holidays, it's especially popular. Make your tree shine with these delightful easy Christmas ornaments. You can't help but smile when you see these sparkly Christmas ornament crafts.
- Big n' Bold Christmas Ornaments: Make a major statement with these DIY Christmas ornaments. You'll want to save these handmade designs for next year, too. Show off your crafty skills and get in the holiday spirit at the same time.
- Antique Snowman Ornament: Take a trip back in time with this fun and easy-to-make Christmas ornament craft. This cute craft idea will remind you of holidays spent at your grandma's house.
- Heart Felt Ornaments: Quick and simple homemade Christmas ornaments are the best way to decorate a tree. These ornaments take just minutes to make but look so intricate.
- Let it Snow Christmas Ornaments: Create simple christmas ornament crafts that sparkle and shine on your tree. This project is quick, easy and so fun.
- Precious Memories Glass Photo Ornament: Once you learn how to make Christmas ornaments, you may not bve able to stop. Luckily, you can make these ornaments in no time at all.
- Frosted Holly Wreath DIY Christmas Ornament: A Christmas tree with ornaments is the best way to celebrate the season. Add one of these to your tree and watch it sparkle all season long.
- Purple Penguin Christmas Ornaments: Discover how to make a Christmas ornament that will make people stop and stare. You won't believe how easy it is to complete this project.
Here are few more homemade Christmas ornaments that our readers love!
- Dollar Store Ornament Wreath
- Leaves and Berries Ornament
- Glitter Filled Ornaments
- Owl I Want for Christmas is You Ornament
- Vintage Snowman Ornament
- Glitter Topped Christmas Ornaments
Want to make some crazy-easy, last-minute Christmas ornament crafts? Check out these adorable Angel DIY Glitter Ornaments. Follow the link for an easy-to-follow free crafting video on how to make ornaments you are sure to adore.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Folded Flower Ball Ornament
- Simple Brown Bag Christmas Ornament
- Milk Bottle Cap Ornament
- 50+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Santa and Snowman Ornament
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- 28 Ornaments to Give or Keep for Yourself
- Bird's Nest Clay Pot Christmas Ornaments
- Crochet Angel Tree Topper
- Christmas Carol Ornament
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Painted Jewelry Box
- Key Holder Perler Bead Pattern
- Beautiful Easy Crochet Spa Rug
- Wire and Fabric DIY Headband
- Map Placemat Decoupage Idea
- Graduation DIY Lei
- Crazy Easy Reupholstered Stool
- Space Mini Journal
- Utterly Adorable Handmade Card
- Whale Applique Crochet Pattern