This pencil cube will look sleek on your desk with its stainless steel finish. This craft is easy to make and looks more expensive than it is!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Specialty papers: silver textured; silver corrugated; silver mirrored tagboard**
- Grommets, 3/8", 16
- Craft pins, optional
- Exacto® knife, new blade
- Thick, white craft glue
**Specialty papers available at PaperArts.com
- Cut five, 5" squares of silver textured paper. Spread a thin, even coat of glue onto one side of foam cube and adhere paper square; if needed, secure corners with straight pins till dry. Trim away excess paper. Repeat with four remaining squares of paper.
- Cut four, ½" x 5" strips of corrugated paper; corrugated ribs should be vertical. Fold strips in half vertically and glue to the four vertical corners, covering edges.
- Using ruler and pencil, mark top with 16 evenly spaced points in four rows of four. With tip of Exacto knife, cut a small X through the paper at each point. Insert a pencil through the X and push straight down 1-1/2" – 2" into the STYROFOAM™ brand foam. Twist pencil to enlarge the hole so that it slips in and out easily.
- Spread glue on reverse side of grommet and push into hole until it rests tight against the top of the cube. Repeat until all 16 grommets are inserted in top of cube.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow