The four step vintage desk set from Jen Goode is an easy way to make your office seem retro vintage. Use vintage paper and start crafting!
- Various recycled containers, clean and dry (soup cans, small boxes, etc.)
- Paper, various patterns
- Aleene’s tacky glue
- Rubber bands
- Straight edge
- Make a pencil/pen holder using a soup can, measure paper to cover leaving 1/8″ space on top and bottom of can for edges to show. Make sure to allow a little overage to overlap when wrapped.
- Using the edge of your scissors against a straight edge, score the paper and then fold and tear so you have a nice rough trimmed edge.
- Liberally cover back of paper with glue and wrap around can. Wrap rubber bands around can to hold paper in place.
- To line inside of can, repeat the above steps to trim then place paper carefully inside the can. Hold in place for 30 seconds to ensure the paper adheres well.
- Continue to measure and cut paper to cover and line additional containers for each item you’d like to create. Because this is vintage inspired, rough cut and torn edges along with weathered corners are ok, it adds to the feel of the piece.
- For the business card box, I mixed and matched different papers for the inside coverage.
- For the clippy tub I used a cut out of an image from the same paper set to cover a gap where the paper pattern was short.