You can turn ordinary desk accessories into great looking home décor accents with this project from Krylon. It’s easy to change mismatched plastic items into a coordinated ensemble.
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Hunter Green (#2324)
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Honeydew (#2335)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Copper (#9903)
- Plastic desk accessories (waste can, stationary caddy, container with lid, and pencil cup)
- Adornaments ™ fibers yellow 10050
- 10 Gold buttons or number of choice
- 8 1/2” x 11” neutral color paper
- Heavy white craft glue
- Latex gloves
- Disposable plastic container
- In a well-ventilated area, place plastic items on newspaper to protect work space.
- Wearing latex gloves, spray all surfaces with several light coats of Hunter Green until covered. Let dry.
- Spray Honeydew into disposable plastic container to form a puddle of paint. Dip sponge into paint and apply at random to the outside surfaces of the containers. Continue spraying and sponging until you have the desired effect. Let dry.
- Cut strips of neutral color paper about 1/2” wide and glue to container where you want the fibers to be placed.
- Apply a thin line of heavy white craft glue on top of paper strips. Gently place fibers into glue. Let dry. Add longer flowing fibers for a tassel effect to items where desired. Apply glue to back of buttons and place on container as an accent to dangling fibers and as desired.
- Using the Copper Leafing Pen, draw a thin line around the openings and edges of the containers to finish the look.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.