Surprise your New Year's guests with these very unique invitations from FloraCraft. This Toast in the New Year Invitation also doubles as New Year's party gifts. They are fun to make and your party guests will love them!
Materials (for one invite):
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam (1 Ball, 2 1/2″ and 1 Ball, 3″)
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Super Silver Spray Metallic
- 4″ length of 1/4″ diameter wood dowel
- 2″ diameter metal washer (for bottom weight)
- 2 Paper Tags, 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, Winter Blues™ Collection
- 10 – 15 clear 1/2″ diameter beads
- 8″ length silver beaded garland (or clear garland that can be sprayed silver)
- 12″ length of 1/8″ wide silver wired ribbon
- Silver gel pen
- Small silver gift bag with tissue
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to cut both balls of STYROFOAM* in half. Set one half of each size ball aside for another project.
- Use spoon to scoop out small area in center of large ball half, 1/2″ from edge.
- Insert dowel into rounded part of both ball halves to resemble a cocktail glass. Remove dowel and apply hot glue to both ends of dowel and reinsert into ball halves. Apply hot glue to washer and press onto bottom of STYROFOAM™ base of cocktail glass. (This adds weight for stability.)
- In a well-ventilated area, protect work area with newspapers. Spray entire cocktail glass with silver paint. Let dry.
- Randomly place and glue seven beads into center of cocktail glass. Glue and drape bead garland over beads and edge of cocktail glass. Glue remaining three beads around and over garland.
- Use silver gel pen to write invitation information onto fronts of tags.
- Thread tags onto middle of ribbon and twist to hold. Wrap around stem of cocktail glass and twist again. Curl ribbon edges around a pencil and pull to gently spiral. Place cocktail glass invite into gift bag to deliver to guest.