New Year's Eve Centerpiece
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get ready to bring in the New Year in style! This stunning centerpiece from Krylon looks impressive, and you’ll love to tell your friends that you made it yourself.
- Krylon Looking Glass®- Mirror Like Paint - Mirror Finish (#9033)
- Krylon Stained Glass Color - Blue (#9021)
- Krylon Make It Pearl!® Pearlescent Paint - Sheer Pearl (#1207)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Sterling Silver (#1030)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Oversized Martini Glass
- (5) 70 mm and (7) 50 mm clear glass ball tree ornaments
- 18 foot long hologram silver star garland
- 6 yards holographic silver curling ribbon
- Silver glitter
- 1 package silver metallic shredded basket filler
- 8 metallic silver sea grass picks
- 3 metallic silver sea grass picks with Stars
- (1) 18”x 12” X 1” piece of Styrofoam® brand foam
- A piece of bubble wrap packing material cut to fit inside bowl of glass
- U-shaped floral pins
- Glass Cleaner and lint free cloth
- Plastic grocery bag (for masking material)
- Cardboard boxes for spray booth and drying painted balls
- Dowel rods to fit thru hangers on balls
- 2 inch wide blue painter’s tape
- Waxed paper
- Circle template with 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4"circle sizes
- Straight pin
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Serrated knife waxed with old candle stub
Clean and dry all glass with glass cleaner.
Slit the bottom of the grocery bag open. Tape the bottom of the bag around the edge of the base and the top of the bag around the top outside edge using blue painter’s tape. Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray inside of glass and bottom of base with Looking Glass. Let dry. Remove bag and tape.
Apply strips of painter’s tape to waxed paper. Trace and cut out the following circles: 5 to 6 each 1 1/4” and 1 3/4” for outside of glass (the wide top portion); 5 each 1/2” and 5/8” for stem of glass and 4 each of 1/2”, 5/8” and ¾” to be applied randomly on (3) 70 mm balls. Remove circle masks from waxed paper and apply to areas, burnishing edges with fingernail to make sure they are adhered well.
Line inside of bowl with plastic bag, taping in place at rim so that inside is completely masked off. Cover top of base with painter’s tape. For painting and drying balls, hang and securely tape them to the center of dowel rods that fit across the drying box. The rods serve as handles while painting.
Spray outside of martini glass, (3) masked 70 mm balls and (3) 50 mm unmasked balls with Blue Stained Glass Color. Let dry for 30 minutes. Remove masks by first carefully lifting outside edges with straight pin. Dry throughly. Spray (1) 70 mm and (2) 50 mm balls with Sterling Silver. Immediately sprinkle each with silver glitter. Let dry. Spray (1) 70 mm and (2) 50 mm balls with Sheer Pearl. Let dry. Remove balls from rods.
Paint top rim of martini glass, outside edge of base and all ball hanger caps with Silver Leafing Pen.
- Line inside of glass with cut to fit bubble wrap. Use waxed knife to cut pieces of Styrofoam to fit inside lined bowl, stacking higher in center, and gluing in place with glue gun. Curl sea grass by pulling strands across scissors. Arrange and glue picks around outer edge of bowl bending picks to spill out of bowl. Glue 2 large handfuls of basket filler over foam in bowl. Fold star garland in half, wrap loosely around hand and spot glue and u-pin resulting loops among basket filler. The loops will help to hold balls in place. Curl sea grass with stars. Twist star stems around finger to shape. Glue into top center of arrangement. Cut (6) 1 yd lengths of curling ribbon and curl each piece by pulling over scissors blade. Fold each length in half. Spaced evenly, glue folded ends into foam around outer edge of arrangement. Push fold into foam with glue gun needle nozzle. Arrange and glue balls in place.
For more great New Year's Eve craft ideas, check out our 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations eBook.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations eBook
- New Year's Eve Centerpiece
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Happy New Year Cards and Other Crafts
- 19 New Year's Eve Centerpieces and Decoration Ideas
- New Year's Resolutions Reminder Box
- Stunning New Year's Centerpiece
- New Year's Terra Cotta Planter
- What to Do for New Year's Eve: 15 Decor and Food Ideas
- New Year Scrapbook Page
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor