Create this adorable fluffy white lamb centerpiece made of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, chenille and pink or blue ribbons.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 1 Egg, 5" x 3"
- 1 Egg, 3"
- 1 Disc, 12"
- 1 Disc, 6"
- 3 yds. Jumbo loopy chenille, white
- 3 yds. of 5/8" pastel baby ribbon
- 1 yd. of 1 1/2" pink organdy ribbon
- 1 yd.white tulle
- 1-1/3 yd.1/2" pink satin ribbon
- 1-12mm pink nose
- 1- 9mm solid black eyes, pair
- 1- 3/4" jingle bell
- Floral pins
- Nail file
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- BODY: Pin one end of a 2 yd. length of white jumbo loopy chenille to the narrow end of 5" egg; coil it around egg, covering completely, and pinning again at wide end. The narrow end of the egg is the chest; the wide end is the tail end.
- HEAD: Repeat Step 1, coiling a 33" length of white jumbo loopy around 3" egg. The narrow end of the egg is the face. Push a craft stick 1/2 way into one side of egg; secure with glue. Push other end of craft stick into body, about 1 1/2" back from chest.
- LEGS: Cover 4 1/2" length of dowel with 8" length of white jumbo loopy; glue one end of loopy to dowel and cover dowel, leaving 3/4" bare at other end. Repeat with other three legs. Glue the two front legs into the bottom of the body about 1" apart and 1" back from chest. Glue two back legs into bottom of body 2" back from front legs and 1 3/4" apart.
- FACE: Clip the loops of the loopy chenille in a 3" circle around the wide end of 3" egg; do not clip too close or the wire will show. Glue nose to the center of the trimmed circle. Glue the eyes 1/2" up from the nose, about 3/4" apart. Blush the cheeks.
- EARS: Fold in half two 6" lengths of white jumbo loopy; twist ends together and glue to the top of the Lamb's head, about 2 1/2" apart.
- TAIL: Fold in half a 6" length of white jumbo loopy; twist ends together and glue to back of lamb.
- Glue 20" length of 5/8" ribbon around the 6" disc. Glue a 40" length of 5/8" ribbon around 12" disc. Glue the 6" disc to center of 12" disc, 2" from one edge; this is the back of the centerpiece.
- Glue the front legs to the 6" disc and the back legs to the 12" disc at the back of the centerpiece.
- Using a nail file, gather and tuck two 18" pieces of tulle into the discs under and around the lamb.
- Glue a 9" length of 1/2" satin ribbon around lamb's neck; glue jingle bell to front of collar.
- Using tire wire, make a single bow from 5/8" ribbon; glue to one ear.
- Using tire wire and one yard of 1 1/2" organdy ribbon, make a bow with two 3" tails and four 3" loops. Using tire wire and one yard 5/8" ribbon, make a bow with two 3" tails, four 2 1/2" loops and a center. Tie bows together and glue to base next to lamb.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.