Baby Shower Train
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Welcome the new baby with this cute train in three parts made by painting terra cotta pots. Add baby's name to the first pot and mom can keep in the nursery.
- DecoArt Patio Paint - DCP06 - Sunshine Yellow, DCP14 - Cloud White, DCP15 - Daisy Cream, DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black, DCP41 - Carnation Pink, DCP54 - Wild Rose Pink, DCP55 - Robin's Egg Blue, DCP56 - Bright Lime Green
- Americana Brushes - DBL1000-B - Liner 0, DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- 6 flat brush
- Disposable palette/plate
- Paper towels
- Water container
- Low temp hot glue*
- Wire cutters*
- Green chenille stem
- Fabric for baby blanket
- Yellow yarn
- Assorted buttons
- Yellow feather
- 1/4" masking tape
- 2-1/4" terra cotta pot (4)
- 4" standard terra cotta pot
- 6" standard terra cotta pot
- 1-1/2" wood blocks (4)
- Lara's wood sign (2)
- 2" wood wheels (4)
- 1" wood wheels (16)
- 1-1/2" x 2-1/4" wood rectangle
- 1/8" wood dowel
- 6" Styrofoam ball (cut in half)
- 4" Styrofoam ball
- 1/4" wood dowel (3)
- 20mm wood ball bead
- 1-1/4" wood blocks (2)
- Mini wood ball bead
- Basecoat as follows: 6" pot base, Lara's signs (rockers), 1 small pot, 1 block, and 4 small wheels, Bright Lime Green; 4" pot (inside and outside), rectangle, Styrofoam half ball, 1 small pot, 1 block, 4 small wheels, and 1/8" dowel, Robin's Egg Blue; 4 large wheels, 1 small pot, 1 block, and 4 small wheels, Wild Rose Pink; 6" pot rim, 1 small pot, 1 block, 1 dowel, and 4 small wheels, Sunshine Yellow. Let dry.
- Paint inside 6" pot and top edge, Wild Rose Pink, and large wheel centers Robin's Egg Blue.
- Use flower stencil of your choice or free hand flowers on Bright Lime Green area of 6" pot. Paint petals, Wild Rose Pink; centers, Robin's Egg Blue; outline with Cloud White. Use 6 flat brush and Carnation Pink to stripe Wild Rose Pink band around top. Paint large Sunshine Yellow polka dots on Robin's Egg Blue Styrofoam half.
- Mix small amount of Wild Rose Pink into puddle of Daisy Cream. Paint small Styrofoam ball and small bead. Set aside to dry.
- Use masking tape to make random size stripes on wood sign rockers, alternating Wild Rose Pink and Robin's Egg Blue. Remove tape.
- Paint large Cloud White polka dots on 4" pot. When dry, paint dots Bright Lime Green. Paint Wild Rose Pink half-circle for saddle. Use liner brush and Wild Rose Pink to paint stirrups and triangle on rectangle for blaze. Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot around saddle. Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot eye on rectangle. Make smaller Wrought Iron Black dot inside Cloud White when dry. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint swirl for nostril.
- Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot small pots.
- Use liner brush to paint BABY on blocks with contrasting colors.
- Paint baby face on small Styrofoam ball. Blush cheeks and nose with Wild Rose Pink. Let dry.
(Secure each step with glue as needed.)
- Cut two 5" pieces of 1/4" dowels for axles.
- Insert dowel ends into large wheels.
- Position and adhere large pot on axles.
- Position and adhere large Styrofoam half inside pot.
- Adhere nose, button "pacifier", feather "hair", and bow ribbon on baby's head.
- Place head on 6" dowel. Fold fabric around baby and insert in carriage.
- Bend chenille stem handle and push ends into Styrofoam half.
- Cut two 4" pieces of 1/8" dowel and one 7" piece of 1/4" dowel.
- Insert 4" pieces in sign holes to form rockers.
- Adhere rectangle onto 7" dowel, then dowel inside pot.
- Adhere 2 small wood blocks to bottom of pot.
- Position rockers and adhere to blocks (Refer to photo for placement.).
- Cut 2" pieces of yarn for mane and 7" pieces for tail; adhere with glue gun.
Baby Blocks Pull Toy:
- Cut eight 2-1/2" pieces of 1/4" dowel for axles.
- Insert dowel ends into wheels.
- Adhere to each pot.
- Position and adhere blocks inside each pot.
- Knot 10" piece of yarn.
- Thread through large wood bead and attach to pot.
- Adhere small buttons on each wheel.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy Diaper Trike
- 32 New Baby Craft Ideas
- Felt Baby Booties
- 23 Baby Shower Invitations, Favors, and DIY Party Decoration Ideas
- Handmade Baby Shower Invitations
- 16 Homemade Baby Gift Ideas
- Terri O Video: Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Stork on its Way
- Marvy Uchida Video: Baby Announcements
- Cute Cupcake Diaper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Cute Crochet Doll
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Pastel Peaks Crochet Baby Hat Pattern
- Recycled Crowns from Foil Wrapping Paper
- DIY Butterfly Valentine's Day Card Box Holder
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- Quick and Easy DIY Label
- Block Stitch Bun Hat Pattern
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea