Baby Shower Train
Welcome the new baby with this cute train in three parts made by painting terra cotta pots. Add baby's name to the first pot and mom can keep in the nursery.
- DecoArt Patio Paint - DCP06 - Sunshine Yellow, DCP14 - Cloud White, DCP15 - Daisy Cream, DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black, DCP41 - Carnation Pink, DCP54 - Wild Rose Pink, DCP55 - Robin's Egg Blue, DCP56 - Bright Lime Green
- Americana Brushes - DBL1000-B - Liner 0, DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- 6 flat brush
- Disposable palette/plate
- Paper towels
- Water container
- Low temp hot glue*
- Wire cutters*
- Green chenille stem
- Fabric for baby blanket
- Yellow yarn
- Assorted buttons
- Yellow feather
- 1/4" masking tape
- 2-1/4" terra cotta pot (4)
- 4" standard terra cotta pot
- 6" standard terra cotta pot
- 1-1/2" wood blocks (4)
- Lara's wood sign (2)
- 2" wood wheels (4)
- 1" wood wheels (16)
- 1-1/2" x 2-1/4" wood rectangle
- 1/8" wood dowel
- 6" Styrofoam ball (cut in half)
- 4" Styrofoam ball
- 1/4" wood dowel (3)
- 20mm wood ball bead
- 1-1/4" wood blocks (2)
- Mini wood ball bead
- Basecoat as follows: 6" pot base, Lara's signs (rockers), 1 small pot, 1 block, and 4 small wheels, Bright Lime Green; 4" pot (inside and outside), rectangle, Styrofoam half ball, 1 small pot, 1 block, 4 small wheels, and 1/8" dowel, Robin's Egg Blue; 4 large wheels, 1 small pot, 1 block, and 4 small wheels, Wild Rose Pink; 6" pot rim, 1 small pot, 1 block, 1 dowel, and 4 small wheels, Sunshine Yellow. Let dry.
- Paint inside 6" pot and top edge, Wild Rose Pink, and large wheel centers Robin's Egg Blue.
- Use flower stencil of your choice or free hand flowers on Bright Lime Green area of 6" pot. Paint petals, Wild Rose Pink; centers, Robin's Egg Blue; outline with Cloud White. Use 6 flat brush and Carnation Pink to stripe Wild Rose Pink band around top. Paint large Sunshine Yellow polka dots on Robin's Egg Blue Styrofoam half.
- Mix small amount of Wild Rose Pink into puddle of Daisy Cream. Paint small Styrofoam ball and small bead. Set aside to dry.
- Use masking tape to make random size stripes on wood sign rockers, alternating Wild Rose Pink and Robin's Egg Blue. Remove tape.
- Paint large Cloud White polka dots on 4" pot. When dry, paint dots Bright Lime Green. Paint Wild Rose Pink half-circle for saddle. Use liner brush and Wild Rose Pink to paint stirrups and triangle on rectangle for blaze. Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot around saddle. Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot eye on rectangle. Make smaller Wrought Iron Black dot inside Cloud White when dry. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint swirl for nostril.
- Use brush handle end and Cloud White to dot small pots.
- Use liner brush to paint BABY on blocks with contrasting colors.
- Paint baby face on small Styrofoam ball. Blush cheeks and nose with Wild Rose Pink. Let dry.
(Secure each step with glue as needed.)
- Cut two 5" pieces of 1/4" dowels for axles.
- Insert dowel ends into large wheels.
- Position and adhere large pot on axles.
- Position and adhere large Styrofoam half inside pot.
- Adhere nose, button "pacifier", feather "hair", and bow ribbon on baby's head.
- Place head on 6" dowel. Fold fabric around baby and insert in carriage.
- Bend chenille stem handle and push ends into Styrofoam half.
- Cut two 4" pieces of 1/8" dowel and one 7" piece of 1/4" dowel.
- Insert 4" pieces in sign holes to form rockers.
- Adhere rectangle onto 7" dowel, then dowel inside pot.
- Adhere 2 small wood blocks to bottom of pot.
- Position rockers and adhere to blocks (Refer to photo for placement.).
- Cut 2" pieces of yarn for mane and 7" pieces for tail; adhere with glue gun.
Baby Blocks Pull Toy:
- Cut eight 2-1/2" pieces of 1/4" dowel for axles.
- Insert dowel ends into wheels.
- Adhere to each pot.
- Position and adhere blocks inside each pot.
- Knot 10" piece of yarn.
- Thread through large wood bead and attach to pot.
- Adhere small buttons on each wheel.
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts