Add a touch of whimsy to a baby shower! Create a baby shower centerpiece featuring a stork and baby's rattle.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 2- 2" Eggs
- 1- 3" Egg
- 1- 3" Ball
- 2- 8" x 2" Discs
- 1- 4" Disc
- 15- 1" Balls
- 1- 12mm Wiggle Eyes, pair
- Red Chenille Stem
- Package of Pastel Feathers
- 3- Newborn Size Print Disposable Diapers
- Pink Paper Shred
- 2- Baby Print Paper Napkins
- 3- 8" Pieces of 1/8" Wood Dowel
- White Craft Glue
- Spray Paint (foam-safe) - Sunflower Yellow
- Crystal Glitter
- 1" Paintbrush
- Serrated Knife
- Household Candle
- Draw candle over knife edge to wax it. Using a sawing motion with the knife, cut two smaller eggs in half lengthwise.
- Spray ball, egg halves and egg with Yellow Color Mist, let dry.
- Using toothpicks, join and glue the 8" discs together to make the cake. Separate the print layer from the napkins. Brush glue onto the disc. Center the napkin pattern on the disc, then press the napkin into the glue. Bring edges to sides of disc, then trim away excess. Let dry. Repeat procedure for back of disc. When disc is thoroughly dry, carefully apply another coat of glue on top of the napkin to seal. Let dry. Use toothpicks and glue to attach 1" balls around the disc. Brush the front of the disc and balls with glue, then sprinkle crystal glitter on.
- One at a time, overlap and wrap the diapers around the cake, using straight pins to secure edges of diaper over edges of cake.
- Assemble bird referring to photo. Use toothpicks and glue to attach wings to body. Use dowels and glue to attach head to body; feet to legs and body. Poke end of feathers into top of head and at tail area. Glue wiggle eyes on face. Coil a 6" piece of Red chenille for lips, then fold in half. Poke a slit at the front of the bird for mouth, then glue lips in place.
- Glue paper shreds to top of cake. Use toothpicks to attach rattle and bird to cake.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.