Show your patriotism on your shirt, handbag or anywhere. This intriguing Fourth of July Flag Pin is the perfect patriotic accessory to any ensemble.
- Kreinik Heavy (#32) Braid in 003 Red, 033 Royal Blue, 100 White
- DMC embroidery floss in 422 Hazel Brown, and 809 Delft
- Quick-Count® 10-ct plastic canvas by Uniek
- Fabri-Tac™ Permanent Adhesive by Beacon™
- Five 4mm gold plated beads
- Plastic canvas needle (No. 18)
- Backing material: fabric, perforated paper or card stock
- Cut canvas according to graphs, and as follows:
- BASE: 18 x 18 holes
- BACKGROUND: 16 x 16 holes
- FLAG: 12 x 12 holes
- Using three strands of DMC 422, work the background piece completely in cross stitches. Overcast the edges with DMC 422 using two stitches per hole.
- Work the flag in Heavy (#32) Braid in the colors indicated, using continental and reversed continental stitches. Overcast edges of flag with six strands of DMC 809.
- Holding background piece like a diamond, tack some edges of the flag to the center of the background with DMC 809.
- Using three strands of DMC 422, whipstitch the background to the unstitched base, leaving one hole around all edges.
- Overcast edges of base with Kreinik (#32) Heavy Braid in 033 Royal Blue.
- Take the remaining Kreinik white and red Heavy Braid and glue with Fabri-Tac™ to the background around the flag, twisting and winding the braids to make one red/white rope. Glue the five gold plated beads at various intervals on the top,bottom and sides. Glue backing material to back of pin. Glue pinback to center of backing material.