Victorian Garden Necklace
By: Mollie Valente for Rings & Things
This Victorian-inspired jewelry craft project from Rings & Things features antique copper and faux black pearls to create an elegant necklace.
- 2 44-112-7 27x17mm Victorian filigrees with top and three bottom loops, antiqued copper plate
- 1 44-104-7 14x11mm small filigree with four loops, antiqued copper plate
- 4 44-135-7 17x5mm floral filigrees with two loops, antiqued copper plate
- 1 01-122-16-01 16mm Swarovski® round rivoli stone, crystal
- 3 06-010-11-24 11mm Swarovski crystal briolettes, jet
- 6 05-810-06-211 6mm round Swarovski crystal faux pearls, black
- 12" 40-099-17-7 2.9mm flat link chain with figure-8 connectors, antiqued copper plate
- 6 37-722-7 2" standard eye pins, antiqued copper plate
- 6 37-136-7 5mm round jump rings, antiqued copper plate
- 1 39-343-7 12mm high-quality brass lobster clasp, antiqued copper plate (not shown)
- chain-nose pliers
- round-nose pliers
- Sandwich the rivoli between two Victorian filigrees. Both filigrees should be facing the same direction.
- Secure the rivoli in place by connecting the filigrees together with jump rings, as pictured.
- Add the 3 crystal briolettes before closing the jump rings at the bottom of the filigrees.
- Cut two 6" pieces of chain, and connect a jump ring to one end of each chain, and add a lobster clasp to one of the jump rings.
- Add the Swarovski pearls to eye pins and make simple loops. Follow this tutorial for creating neat loops.
- Connect the remaining filigrees, pearl components and rivoli pendant as shown.