Psychedelic Bead Necklace
Do you want to wear self made jewelry? Learn how to make beaded jewelry with this free tutorial for a psychedelic bead necklace.
- Beadstrom™ Semi-Flush Cutters (202P-015)
- Beadstrom™ Round Nose Pliers (201P-014)
- Beadstrom™ Chain Nose Pliers (201P-011)
- Thirteen 4mm Crystallized™ crystal comet argent B cube beads
- Thirty 4mm lines silver-plated crimp covers (349B-030)
- Twentyfive 4mm sparkle silver plated crimp covers (349B-020)
- Fiftysix silver-plated medium Quick Links connectors (326B-414)
- One silver-plated EZ lobster clasp (315B-220)
- One spool of 49 strands .024’ silver-plated wire (JW12SP-10ft)
- Cut 49 pieces of 1 ¼’ length of silver-plated wire.
- Slide one crimp tube onto one length of wire from step 1 and goes back through crimp tube and place at the far end of both strands. Keep each strand side by side and crimp it using standard crimp tool.
- Cover crimped tube from step 2 using one lines silver plated crimp covers. Make 29 more and set aside.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 and make 25 more circles using the same techniques with sparkle crimp covers.
- Cut 2 pieces of 3’ length of silver-plated wire. Make one circle following previous instructions. Make a second one slightly smaller and then set aside.
- Cut 3 pieces of 2-½ length silver-plated wire. Repeat step 5 and make 3 circles of 3 different sizes of circumference and then set them aside.
- Attach one silver wired circle to clasp using one quick link connector. From this point on add 15 more silver circles, repeating previous steps – for every silver circle use one quick link connector to attach to the next one. Alternate crimp covers style to add texture to neckline. Set aside.
- Make the other half of necklace using 16 more silver circles. Repeat step 7, ending with a silver circle so this cab ne used also as closure link for clasp.
- Attach center circles from step 5 to pieces from step 7 and 8 using quick link connectors. Add one small silver circle to these circles.
- Attach circles from step 6 to center circles (step 9) using one quick link connector attached to first chain silver circle next to center circles. Make sure the connector grabs both circles in one side. Use a second connector to attach both circles to outside center circle from step 9. Use a third connector to attach to small silver circle that has been added on step 9.
- Add the last big silver circle to previous pieces using two connectors creating an off center pendant.
- Add 3 small silver circles to bottom of centerpiece. You will use 5 quick link connectors. Place 2 of the small circles side by side with one connector on each circle attached to circle from step10. Attach one connector to hold both together. Add one more connector on each silver circle and then attach both to bottom silver circle.
- Now you can add 6 silver circles to each side of necklace. Use one connector for each silver circle. You will end up with 12 dangling circles.
- Feed a crystal cube to a head pin. Make a simple loop and trim the excess wire. Make 11 more of it and add to each of the dangles from step 12.
- Feed last crystal cube onto a head pin and attach it to small silver circle at the center of necklace.