Jasper Donut Necklace
By: Selina Shehan for Rings & Things
This beautiful beaded necklace features a prominent gemstone trillion donut. The four colors of bead in the stand of the necklace pick up on the colors in the donut. For more information on Rings & Things and where you can find the materials for this project see Rings & Things profile page. For another great donut necklace, see the Arizone Summers Necklace.
Find this project and 45 other beading craft projects in the Beautiful Beads eBook.
- 1 #21-340-07-049 40mm gemstone trillion donut, poppy jasper
- 22 #21-886-049 6mm round gemstone beads, poppy jasper
- 89 #05-301-04-33 4mm Swarovski® crystal faceted bicones, siam/aurora borealis 2x
- 90 #05-301-04-20 4mm Swarovski crystal faceted bicones, siam
- 90 #05-000-03-24 3mm Swarovski faceted round crystals, jet
- 2 #41-251-3 Size 1 crimp beads, silver plated
- 2 #48-583 3mm crimp covers, sterling silver
- 1 #39-550-A Interlock toggle clasp, sterling silver
- 40" #61-738-49-21 0.024" 49-strand, Beadalon®, silver plated
- Round-nose pliers
- side cutters and/or side flush
- Cut two 20" strands of Beadalon.
- String the donut onto one strand and fold the Beadalon in half so the donut sits in the center of the strand.
- String twelve 4mm bicones onto each end of the strand, alternating colors.
- Run both strands through a 6mm round gemstone bead and pull tight to hang the donut from the strand.
- Choose one side of the strand and string the following pattern: 4mm siam/aurora borealis 2x, 4mm siam, 3mm jet, 4mm siam, 4mm siam/aurora borealis 2x, 4mm siam, 3mm jet, 4mm siam, 4mm siam/aurora borealis 2x, 6mm round gemstone. Repeat this pattern four more times.
- On the remaining strand, string the following: 3mm jet, 4mm siam, 3mm jet, 4mm siam, 3mm jet, 6mm round gemstone.
- Then, repeat the following pattern five times: 3mm jet, 4mm siam, two 3mm jet, 4mm siam/aurora borealis 2x, two 3mm jet, 4mm siam, 3mm jet, 6mm round gemstone.
- Instead of stringing the final 6mm gemstone round at the end of the fifth pattern set, run the Beadalon through the 6mm gemstone round from the other strand.
- Hold the two strands together and slide on a crimp bead, two 3mm jet crystals, one end of the toggle clasp, and two more 3mm jet.
- Push the two strands back through the crimp bead, pull until snug (but leaving enough room for flexibility) and crimp.
- Trim excess Beadalon and cover with a crimp cover.
- Repeat steps 2 – 11 with the second 20" strand of Beadalon.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts