Antiqued silver butterfly charms, hamesh hands and colorful crystals combine for a light-hearted necklace in this jewelry craft from Rings & Things. You can add the paper image of your choice, even scrapbook paper, in the picture frame pendant.
- 1 49-940-04-AS 25x20mm TierraCast™ scalloped oval picture-frame charm, antiqued silver
- 2 49-944-04 19x10x2.5mm 3-D cast Hamesh hand charms, antiqued silver
- 2 49-944-08 24x20x5mm 3-D cast butterfly charms, antiqued silver
- 15 05-301-06-914 6mm Swarovski® Crystal Jams™, Watermelon Crawl
- 15 37-415-3 1.5" thin head pins, silver plate
- 30 49-954-03-AS 3x1mm TierraCast™ Bali-style flower beads, antiqued silver
- 15 37-113-3 4mm round jump rings, silver plate
- 7 37-145-3 6mm round jump rings, silver plate
- 1 39-177-AP Leaf hook-and-eye clasp, antiqued pewter
- 18" 40-099-15-3 3.9mm rollo chain, silver plate
- glue stick
- cotton swabs
- round-nose pliers
- chain-nose pliers
- dimensional glaze (such as JudiKins© Diamond Glaze™)
- Cut out a paper image of your choice and glue it into picture frame with a glue stick.
- To seal, add a small amount of dimensional glaze and spread with a moist cotton swab.
- Cut 18"of chain and attach clasp using 6mm jump rings.
Jump Ring Hint: When you open and close jump rings, twist sideways instead of “ovalling” them. This keeps their shape better,
which makes them easier to close all the way.
- Add crystals and spacers to head pins and make wrapped loops. See this technique for making wrapped loops.
- Use 6mm jump rings to attach the charms and frame to the chain, and 4mm jump rings to attach the crystal dangles.
- Attach the frame to the midpoint of the chain, and evenly space (about ½" to ¾" apart) the remaining items as pictured.