Banana Bunch Necklace
By: Fernando DaSilva for Beadalon
Use seed beads and Beadalon wire to create a tropical looking pendant necklace.
- 2 - 7.3mm dichroic glass beads, long tube, peridot rainbow
- 10 - 10mm glass beads, topaz round fire-polish
- 2 - 12mm glass beads, peridot round fire-polish
- 13 - 6/0 Toho seed beads, light green transparent rainbow
- 14 - 10mm jump rings, gold plated
- 5 in. - Curb chain, medium, silver plated
- 6 - 2 in. head pins, white plated (312E-013)
- 3 lengths, 15 in. - Beadalon 19 Strand satin gold .018 in.
- 1 - Friction clasp, gold plated
- 1 - Pendant bail, medium, gold plated
- 8 - Split ring, small, silver plated
- 1 - 20 gauge ColourCraft wire, gold
- Beadalon Ergo chain nose pliers
- Beadalon Designer flush cutters
- Beadalon Ergo round nose pliers
- Cut three 15 in. lengths Beadalon 19 Strand satin gold .018 in. Insert the cut lengths into one end of the friction clasp and crimp. Place opposite end into the other end of the friction clasp. Make sure wires are even, then crimp the end.
- Take a head pin and string onto it a seed bead, dichroic bead, and another seed bead. Form a loop at the end using round nose pliers. Be sure your loop is large enough to fit onto the 10mm jump rings.
- Onto another head pin, string one dichroic bead and a 12mm peridot bead. Make a loop in the end of the head pin. String the other 12mm bead onto a head pin and make a loop.
- Onto another head pin, string a topaz bead followed by a seed bead. Form a loop in the end of the head pin using round nose pliers. Repeat this procedure on additional head pins until you have three of these.
- Using the ColourCraft wire, make 8 eye pins – approximately 4 in. in length – using round nose pliers. Onto your eye pin, string one topaz bead and 1 seed bead; form a loop and wrap the wire around itself. Repeat until you have strung topaz beads onto all 8 eye pins. Onto the bottom loop of each eye pin, attach a split ring.
- Fold the chain in half. Attach the two loose ends with large jump ring, then attach the jump ring to the bail.
- Attach each of the beads to the chain with jump rings.
- String bail onto necklace.