By: Fernando DaSilva for Beadalon
This charming necklace project would make a great gift for someone who loves astrological symbols.
- 3 Swarovski 20mm jet star pendants
- 2 Swarovski 20mm topaz star pendants
- 4 Swarovski 20mm light topaz moon pendants
- 2 Swarovski 8mm jet helix bead
- 2 Swarovski 8mm light Colorado topaz cubes
- 4 Swarovski 8mm topaz top drilled bead
- 89 glass pearls “mocha” 6mm
- 10 gold plated pinch bails
- 17 gold plated 6mm jump rings
- 17 copper 6mm jump rings
- 1 carded brown silk # 6
- 1 gold plated extension chain
- 2 gold plated double cup bead tips
- 4 gold plated ball star head pins
- 10 gold plated sets of hook and eye clasps
- Beadstrom™ chain nose pliers
- Beadstrom™ round nose pliers
- Beadstrom™ flush cutter
- Beadalon® knotter tool
- Start making simple dangles using Swarovski cube beads and ball star head pin. String on cube onto a ball star head pin and make simple loop wrapping twice around its neck. Trim excess wire and set aside. Repeat 3 more times and set al four dangles aside.
- Repeat step one to make dangles using jet Swarovski helix beads. Set the 2 dangles aside.
- Using flat nose pliers open a jump ring and slide through the hole of topaz top drilled pendant and close it gently. Use all 4 beads and set it aside.
- Using every star and moon crystal pendants make simple dangles using pinch bails. Squeeze or pinch the outer portion of pendant until the pointed ends begin to enter it holes and slowly close until both points are inside the pendant hole. Slide a jump ring through its hole and set them aside.
- Open a jump ring and link to each part of the hook and eye clasp. Remember to mix gold and copper jump rings so your creation have both color hues working together.
- Unwrap brown silk from its card and place a double overhand knot all the way to the end of silk cord. Feed one gold plated double couple bead tip with whole length of uncut brown silk. Slide the double cup over the knot so it sits on it round portion and close over it.
- String all pearls onto thread. Begin knotting using Beadalon knotter tool.
- Once you have knotted all pearls, split the silk equally in two and double knot it twice the two separated strands. Dab GS-Hypo cement and let it sits to dry for an hour.
- Add set of hook and clasp to bead tips and extension chain to one of the ends.
- Pick the center of you necklace and star adding dangles from it using findings from step 5. Use a jump ring to link pendants to the beaded necklace. Allow space of 3 beads between dangles. Follow the pattern given below or come up with your own.
Jet star light Colorado topaz cube topaz star topaz small top drilled pendant light topaz moon jet helix bead jet star small topaz top drilled pendant light topaz moon; Repeat this pattern symmetrically to finish the other half of necklace.
- Add last jet moon pendant to end link of extension chain, adding a drop point to the back of necklace.