By: Margot Potter from ilovetocreate
Use Tulip Fashion glitter from I Love to Create to create these fun t-shirts with or for Mom. The cupcake design is just so much fun, you'll want to eat it right off your shirt.
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
- 23548 Silver Fine Hologram
- 23551 Pink Jewel
- 23560 Black Fine Jewel
- Tulip® Multi-Surface Stencils™
- Tulip® Sticky Fabric Stencils™
- Med Flying Hearts
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter Bond™
- Cardboard or shirt form
- Plastic Tablecloth or surface cover
- Scrap paper
- Shirt, (2) black
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay shirt on prepared surface.
- Insert piece of cardboard into shirt to prevent paint seepage to the other side.
- Peel backing from stencil and position onto the top front of shirt. Refer to photo. Run a fingernail along cut edges to prevent seepage. Use masking tape to block off any openings that will be a different color of glitter.
- Squeeze a puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil. Tap flat area of sponge into Glitter Bond and dab into the open sections of the stencil that will be the same color glitter. Immediately sprinkle with glitter color.
- Place a scrap of paper over the glitter and press with fingertips. Remove the paper and let dry a few moments.
- Remove excess glitter onto a scrap paper and return to container to use again.
- Continue with taping off open areas and applying Glitter Bond and Glitter to other areas of the design.
- Carefully peel off stencil.
- Repeat to add additional designs to shirt.
- To add a light shimmer around designs, lightly pounce Glitter Bond around design areas, sprinkle with glitter and shake off excess. Let dry.