Create a hanging keepsake for Mom this Mother's Day with your favorite photos together and colorful scrapbook papers. Use wood letters to spell out "Mom & Me." Your Mom is sure to love this homemade Mother's Day gift by Terri O.
- Particle board cut into 12 x 12 squares
- Acrylic paint
- Scrapbook paper
- Decoupage medium (I used CollagePauge by Tulip)
- Wood letters ( I used Dancing Letters by Plaid)
- Chipboard in different sizes
- Adhesive runner (I used Scrapbook Adhesive permanent and the Xyron )
- 2 eye hooks
- Cut board and sand sides to smooth edges. Paint edges. I used Ballet Pink Folk Art by Plaid.
- Using decoupage medium adhere one full sheet of paper to the board. I used the “Love Notes” line by Making Memories.
- Line up your photos across the top. I used paper from My Minds Eye as a border under each photo that matched. Using your adhesive attach the photos.
- Under the photos I used some co-coordinating ribbon.
- Paint your letters, let dry and glue them underneath the photos.
- Print our your poem or whatever it is you want to say on matching paper and attach brads to each corner. Adhere to board.
- Attach eye hooks to the top and add ribbon for hanging.
Terri O Tips
- Before you glue anything down lay out your design first. When you like what you see then glue it down.
- Try to stick with one or two lines of papers and use all the co-ordination embellishments. It makes matching much easier.
- If the photos are your originals I suggest making copies and using them.