Modern Flower Art
By: Suzie Shinseki from ilovetocreate
Turn a beautiful flower into a nice piece of modern art with this project from I Love to Create. Hang this piece up on the wall or let mom decide what she wants to do with it. A table setting for Mother's day is always nice.
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
- 21426 Coupe Dinner Plate 11" x 11" x 1.5"
- Signature Brushes
- SB 803 No. 4 Liner
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- SB 812 No. 10 Round
- Envision® Glazes
- IN 1026 Very Black
- IN 1075 Cobalt Blue
- IN1206 Neon Red
- Foil or paint palette
- Container for water
- Graphite paper
- Potter’s sponge
- Paper towels
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Enlarge pattern to size of plate. Lay graphite paper between plate and pattern and trace over lines with pencil, transferring design onto plate.
- Pour a puddle of Cobalt Blue onto foil or palette.
- Using the No. 4 Liner, brush two coats around the outside of the petal lines to create shading, letting dry between coats. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Red onto foil and using the No. 10 Round, apply one coat of Neon Red on each petal, gently brushing over the Cobalt Blue shading. Let dry then apply two more coats over remainder of petals (avoiding Cobalt Blue), letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Pour a small puddle of Black on foil and using Liner, add thin lines around petals to define. Paint in edge of plate where outer petals meet with Black. Apply three coats, letting dry between each. Let dry.
- Apply three coats of Neon Red to back of plate, letting dry between coats.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.