By: Suzie Shinseki from ilovetocreate
Make a fun flower box for Mother's day. This box from I Love to Create takes some time so just follow the pattern and leave enough time before the big day.
- Thin 'n Shade
- Satin Glazes®
- SN 352 White
- SN 378 Neon Chartreuse
- Home Decor Bisque Designs
- 22679 Slanted Heart Box 5" x 5.25" x 3"
- Crystals™ Glazes
- CR 918 Cherry Blossoms
- CR 921 Glacier Storm
- Signature Brushes
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- SB 812 No. 10 Round
- French Dimensions™
- Clear adhesive-backed shelf paper, approximately 5” x 7” piece
- Paper towels
- Craft knife
- Bamboo skewer
- Foam plate
- Container for water
- Potter’s sponge
- Lace of choice
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust. Set aside.
- Trace flower pattern onto clear shelf paper with pencil. Cut out with craft knife.
- Remove backing from flower cutout and place sticky side down on center of heart lid. Make sure edges are adhered to bisque to prevent paint from seeping underneath.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Chartreuse onto foam plate. Using Fan Glaze brush, brush three coats onto the underside of lid, drying between coats. Let dry.
- Pour a puddle of White onto plate and brush one good coat on the top of heart lid, going over the flower cutout.
- While damp, lay lace on top of lid so it will adhere lid. Gently smooth down, working lace into place. Let dry.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Chartreuse on plate. Using sponge, pounce three coats over lace on lid, pouncing over the flower cutout as well. Let dry between each color application. Let dry.
- Remove lace and flower cutout. Lightly draw a circle in center of flower about the size of a quarter.
- Read directions on Cherry Blossoms Crystals™ Glaze label and use the No. 10 Round to apply three coats to flower petals, letting dry between each coat. Make sure there are some crystals in the petals. Let dry.
- Brush Glacier Storm into the center of flower, applying just a few crystals in the final coat. Note: Too many crystals may cause the color to bleed into the petal area. Let dry.
- Using the Black Licorice French Dimensions, create short dashed lines around the flower petals as well as the dark center. Let dry. Note: If paint is difficult to squeeze out, remove bottle tip and add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade and stir with bamboo skewer.
- For sides of box, use Fan Glaze to brush one good coat of White Satin glaze. While damp, wrap lace around to adhere. Let glaze and lace dry.
- Repeat sponging three coats of Chartreuse over lace as with lid, letting dry between each coat. Let dry.
- Remove lace.
- Brush three coats of Chartreuse on bottom of box, drying between coats. Let dry.
- Brush three coats of Cherry Blossoms onto inside of box, drying between each application. Let dry.
- Stilt box and lid and fire to Cone 06.