Check out this list of the most popular craft projects on FaveCrafts, AllFreeCrochet, AllFreeKnitting, and AllFreeSewing for July 2011. Revisit your faves and discover new projects to make!
FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft
Projects: July 2011
Table of Contents
Here are your favorite craft projects from July!
- One Ball Baby Blanket: If you're looking for free baby blankets to crochet, check out this Easy One Ball Baby Blanket & Hat Set from Red Heart Yarn. The sweet and simple crochet baby blanket and easy baby hat pattern will have you hooking a baby shower gift in no time!
- Sock Wreath: Use two pairs of striped tube stocks and a wreath base to create a fun and colorful sock wreath. Finish off this wreath craft with a large ribbon and hang from a door for perfect dollar store decorating. This entire wreath cost $3!
- Blue Malibu Bracelet: Various blue beads called "pacific opal," "aurora borealis" and "under the boardwalk" create a lovely bracelet evoking the clear skies of Malibu. This sparkly bracelet is perfect for summer nights.
Free Knitting Patterns
We rounded up your favorite knitting patterns from AllFreeKnitting.com and added in some extras from FaveCrafts. Enjoy!
- Beautiful Bias Scarf: One of the great things about knitting a scarf, is you can create gorgeous designs without making the pattern too complicated. Such is the case with this Beautiful Bias Scarf. Using large needles helps to give this scarf a lacy texture and it can be made using only two balls of yarn.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit scarf patterns:
- Stylish Cable Knit Scarf
- Diagonal Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Toddler Raglan Hoodie: Wrap your toddler in this free knitting pattern for an easy, striped Toddler Raglan Hoodie. This is the perfect sweater to fit toddlers ages 12-24 months.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit baby jacket patterns:
- Asian Inspired Baby Jacket
- Baby Wrap Jacket
- An Easy Shawl to Knit: Not only is this pattern an easy shawl to knit, but it's also perfect for the warmer season. Create a basic shawl that can easily be embellished with beads or left as-is. The simple eyelet pattern featured in this piece, creates a shawl that's light, airy and elegant.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit shawl patterns:
- Coral Ruffle Wrap
- Knit Pull-Through Wrap
Free Crochet Patterns
Grab your hooks and start crocheting! Here are your favorite patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com, plus more from FaveCrafts that we know you'll love.
- Evening Star Block Afghan: Using this free crochet afghan pattern from Donna's Crochet Designs you can work up this evening star block afghan. It is worked in rounds with worsted weight yarn and an H hook. This afghan is a fun design you can leave in your living room for all to see.
If you like this pattern, check out more crochet afghan patterns:
- Beginner Granny Afghan
- Easy Circles in Squares Blanket
- Spider Stitch Beach Skirt: Add to your summer fun with simple crochet patterns! A Spider Stitch Beach Skirt is the perfect cover up this bikini season. At the beach or the pool you'll look great in this vintage looking piece.
If you like this pattern, check out more crochet skirt patterns:
- Crochet Skirt
- Girl's Crochet Skirt
- Crochet Short Jacket: Short and funky, this cropped sweater is youthful and vibrant. The cute details down the sleeves add interest and charm to this free crochet pattern.
If you like this pattern, check out more crochet jacket patterns:
- Asymmetry Jacket
- Little Crochet Sweater
Free Sewing Patterns
Here are the top 3 most popular sewing patterns from AllFreeSewing.com. To find more sewing patterns on FaveCrafts, read on...
- Not Just Another Pretty Purse: Do you want to make something special? Something that's Not Just Another Pretty Purse? You've found the right project. With a unique shape, this purse can hold everything you need and is feminine and stylish.
If you like this pattern, check out more purse patterns:
- Bow Bag
- Knot Tote
- The Batik Braid Quilt: The Batik Braid Quilt features a beautiful design and is a great project for displaying your favorite fabrics. Free quilt patterns like this one are hard to come by so take advantage of learning how to make a quilt with this helpful tutorial.
If you like this pattern, check out more quilt patterns:
- Belevedere Floral Quilt
- Honeysuckle Quilt
- Car Craft Caddy: If you enjoy crafting on the go, you'll love this car craft caddy! With a designated place for all of your tools, the car caddy is a must-have for any busy crafter. The pattern can also be modified for planes, so you can craft easily in the air and on the road!
If you like this pattern, check out more caddy patterns:
- Rose Pillowcase Bed Caddy
- Rose Chair Caddy