FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: January 2011
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Check out this list of the most popular craft projects for January 2011. Revisit your faves and discover new projects to make! We've rounded up our readers' favorite crafts from January and added in a few bonus projects that we thought you'd enjoy too. Which one is your favorite?
FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: January 2011
Table of Contents
Here are your favorite craft projects from January and a few bonus projects to make, hand selected based on your interests.
Heating Pillow with Buckwheat: Sew up an easy pillow filled with buckwheat to serve as a heating pad. Buckwheat holds the heat (or cold) better than rice or other grains and is hypoallergenic, since buckwheat is not actually a cereal or grass. Add a few drops of your favorite fragrance oil, or just enjoy the smell of buckwheat. You can also use this pillow as a wrist pillow when working with your computer mouse.
If you like this project, check out more heating pillows to make:
Hot/Cold Compress & Knit and Felt Hearts
Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet: Learn how to make realistic roses with sturdy yet inexpensive crepe paper. This technique is a great way to create a bouquet of roses gift or decoration for Valentine's Day. These roses cost less and last longer!
If you like this project, check out more flower crafts:
Aconite Flower & Rose Bouquet Ball
Japanese Afternoon Quilt: A Japanese-inspired assortment of fabrics complete with cherry blossoms and umbrellas combines for a beautiful quilt. This intermediate quilt pattern includes a helpful assembly diagram.
If you like this project, check out more blanket and quilt patterns:
ABCs Baby Quilt & No Sew Personalized Throw
We rounded up your favorite knitting patterns from AllFreeKnitting.com and added in some extras from FaveCrafts. Enjoy!
Romantic Ruffle Scarf: This beautiful and classic free knitting pattern is perfect for the special woman in your life. Give any outfit a girly touch with this Romantic Ruffle Scarf.
If you like this project, check out more ruffle scarves:
Summer Scarf (sewn) & Funky Ruffled Scarf (crochet)
10-Hour Afghan Pattern: The 10-Hour Afghan Pattern is a big needle blanket that can be made from leftover knitting yarn. Depending on the yarn you collect, it can turn out to be a colorful knitting pattern!
If you like this project, check out more knit afghan patterns:
Easy Chunky Knit Blanket & Cables and Blocks Afghan
Tide Pool Scarf: Wear this free knitting pattern inspired by the calming blue of the pool. The Tide Pool Scarf will look great with any outfit.
If you like this project, check out more cowl patterns:
Slouchy Knit Cowl & Crochet Convertible Cowl
Grab your hooks and start crocheting! Here are your favorite patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com, plus more from FaveCrafts that we know you'll love.
Crochet Hot Pad from Beer Caps: This is such a neat crochet pattern that you have to try. It's also a nice recycling tactic with old beer caps. A crochet hotpad from beer caps is easy to make and will look great in the kitchen.
If you like this project, check out more trivet ideas:
Bottle Cap Coasters & Spring Hot Pad
Sweet and Simple Shawl: This free easy crochet pattern is great for those who are just beginning to crochet. This shawl is great for any time of year even a nice summer night.
If you like this project, check out more crochet shawl patterns:
Crochet Shawl for Summer & Broomstick Lace Shawl
Irish Snowflake: This pattern is referred to as the Irish snowflake because the largest chain spaces look like the shape of a heart. Your Irish friends and family would love this one. Snowflake crochet patterns are great when they look like this.
If you like this project, check out more snowflake crafts:
Crochet Snowflake Table Runner & Glue and Glitter Snowflakes
Here are the top 3 most popular sewing patterns from AllFreeSewing.com. To find more sewing patterns on FaveCrafts, read on...
Triple Border Dish Towel: Here's another free, easy sewing pattern for the kitchen. Make these triple border dish towels to add character and style to your kitchen.
If you like this project, check out more dish towel patterns:
Embellished Tea Towel & Cute Fabric Trimmed Towel
Outgrown Pants Bag: Save those pants you've outgrown because you can actually give them a whole new life. Create the Outgrown Pants Bag and you'll love owning this thrifty sewn project.
If you like this project, check out more upcycled bag ideas:
Place Mat Purse & Funky Jeans Bag
Fabulous Anthro Inspired Shirt: This shirt only costs $5 to make! That's a lot less than a similar Anthropologie shirt would cost. You can make the Fabulous Anthro-Inspired Shirt with a $4 dollar t-shirt and a $1 dollar store towel. Thrifty and cute!
If you like this project, check out more T-shirt crafts:
Guitar Reverse Applique Shirt & Groovy T-Shirt Tote
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2016: DIY Home Decor, Paper Craft Ideas, Sewing Projects, and Unique DIY Crafts" free eBook
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- "12 Easy DIY Projects" Free eBook
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- 100 Craft Ideas: Easy Crochet Patterns, Easy Christmas Crafts, Tie Dye Patterns
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- July 4th Party Bags for Grown-Ups
- Wooden Necklace Organizer
- Framed Earring Organizer
- Teacher Appreciation Printable Art
- Happiest DIY Office Curtains
- Inspired Charms Crochet Bracelet
- Flowery Front Door Recycled Craft
- Two Hues Crochet Baby Blanket
- Panda Crochet Wrap Pattern
- My Wonderful Walls