Best of 2011: Free Flower Patterns
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
2011 was another great year for crafting. One of the craft trends that endured in 2011 was faux flower patterns. Crocheters, sewers, and paper crafters alike enjoyed our free flower patterns year round. Faux flowers are great for wedding and party decor, and you can also use them to spruce up your home on a daily basis, to embellish your clothing and accessories, and to add dimension to cards and scrapbook pages. Free flower patterns remind us of spring, but they're also nice during the colder months for daydreaming about warmer weather. Check out our top 10 most popular free flower patterns from 2011!
Best of 2011: Free Flower Patterns
Table of Contents
Crochet flower patterns are quick to make, so you can make an entire bouquet in no time. These are the top 3 crochet flowers patterns from 2011. Make one of each to embellish a bag, an afghan, or virtually anything else!
- Aconite Flower: For a pretty, yellow crochet project, create the aconite flower. You'll love the bright color and the fact that you made it yourself! It would also make a great gift. An Aconite is a 6 petal yellow buttercup-like flower with large yellow and green stamens.
- Anemone Flower: Make this easy crochet project and you'll end up with a beautiful flower. Anemone flower will put a smile on your face - and you'll love that you made it yourself! The Anemone flower has 5 petals in pink with a green center surrounded by a ring of yellow stamens.
- Balloon Flower: Looking for a creative outlet? Why not make this wonderful (and easy!) crochet craft? This pretty balloon flower will impress everyone. The Balloon flower has lavender cup-shaped petals with dark veins and yellow stamens.
For the eco-conscious crafter, paper flowers are the answer! Decorate your home, party, or wedding with a bouquet of handmade paper flowers using these popular paper flower patterns from 2011. Tissue paper, coffee filter, and crepe paper flowers were all popular this year, and they're so easy to do.
- Coffee Filter Flowers: Don't just use coffee filters for your morning cup of java. Create coffee filter flowers with the help of this Coffee Filter Flowers Video. This tutorial is a great way to reuse materials that might otherwise be tossed.
- Tissue Paper Flowers: Make perfect tissue paper flower embellishments for your scrapbook pages with this tutorial. Start with white tissue paper and use inks to coordinate with your scrapbook pages.
- Napkin Wedding Flowers: Napkin wedding flowers are perfect for summer wedding ideas. Dana Willard's creation is a versatile idea for the budget conscious bride.
Have you ever wondered how to make a fabric flower? We've got so many ideas for you, including these 4, which were the most popular in 2011. The best part about fabric flowers is that they never die, wilt, or get crushed. Fabric flower patterns are best for embellishing clothing and accessories because you can even wash them. They also make great permanent centerpieces and home decor.
- Upcycled Vintage Fabric Flower: Fabric roses are a great craft because they can bloom at any time and in any climate! Save an old t-shirt and repurpose it to create your own Upcycled Vintage Fabric Flowers. Stick a flower anywhere - on your shirt, your shoes or in your hair!
- 4 Step Fabric Flowers: Here is a great little project to liven up your wardrobe: Lovely Fabric Flowers. Embellish a shirt, dress up a pair of heels, or wear it as a pin. These four-step fabric flowers are versatile for everyday dress and a night out.
- Scrap Fabric Flower Bouquet: Use some fabric scraps to create a pretty arrangement of fabric flowers for someone you love. You gotta love stash busting crafts!
- Bright Button Flowers: Use old buttons to create these Bright Button Flowers. Crafts made from recycled items are a fun and cheap way to go green.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Best of the Best: The Top 100 Projects of 2014
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More
- FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: February 2011
- 100 Craft Ideas: Easy Crochet Patterns, Easy Christmas Crafts, Tie Dye Patterns
- FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: January 2011
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie