Leaf Journal Cover
By: Frankie Fioretti for USArtQuest
Use skeleton leaves, beads and other elements to create this mixed media journal cover. The color combinations are beautiful on this decorated journal cover.
- Excel Mat Board – Dove Grey – 2 - 5” x 7”
- Gildenglitz™ - Variegated
- Duo™ Embellishing Adhesive
- Jewelz™ – Mica Pigments
- Perfect Paper Adhesive™ (PPA)
- Great Tape™
- Art Paper – Foreign Exchange
- Texture Sponge
- Air Dry or Polymer Clay
- Book Cloth Tape
- Folia™ Cardstock – various colors
- 101™ Artist's Cement
- Mica Tile™
- Mica Flakes™
- Skeleton Leaves
- Small black rubber bands
- Hole Punch
- Japanese Stamp - Hero Arts
- Cut a 1” strip from one piece of the 5 x 7 Excel Mat Board – Dove Grey.
- Lay the two pieces of Excel Mat Board – Dove Grey next to each, leaving a 1/8” gap.
- Cut a strip of book cloth 1” wide.
- Use Great Tape to adhere the book cloth to the 1” piece (spine) and the larger cut piece. Maintain the gap, because it will become the hinge.
- One half inch down from the top, and one half inch up from the bottom punch two small holes ½” apart. Cut 6 pieces of paper for the inside pages. Punch holes into the paper that line up with the 4 punched spine holes.
- Use two small rubber bands to attach the rattan, spine cover, and inside pages of the book together.
- Cut two pieces of Art Paper – Foreign Exchange for the insides of the cover. Attach with Great Tape™ .
- Cut small pieces of Excel Mat Board – Dove Grey and using stencils, stamps and tools, create patterns and textures. Sprinkle on Mica Flakes™, Gildenglitz™ - Variegated and Mica D’Lights™ to embellish each piece.
- Layer the gold, black, and gilded squares together with Great Tape™. Attach the clay image with Perfect Paper Adhesive™ (PPA) .
- Attach beads and some wire together for a handle.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!