Create an Artist Trading Card with embellishments such as a Chinese coin. ATC projects like this one by Lisa Fulmer are a great way to create miniature pieces of art.
- 2.5"x3.5" heavy white cardstock, such as Strathmore Acrylic Paper, linen finish
- 3 colors of Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic paint (I used yellow, copper and green)
- Metallic embossing powder, clear inkpad, heat gun, rubber stamp
- Chalk ink (I used a teal blue)
- Pastel pencil (I used a blue Carbothello pencil)
- Metal embellishment, such as a chinese coin
- Craft glue
- Small paintbrush, foam finger dabber, cosmetic sponge
- Dab the 3 colors of paint on the ATC cardstock in a random pattern, working quickly to smudge and blend the colors together with the cosmetic sponge.
- Use the brush to dab texture on top as desired.
- Set ATC aside and allow the paint to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- On a scrap piece of cardstock, stamp circle outlines of paint using the open end of the finger dabber, set aside to dry.
- Stamp an image on the ATC with clear ink, sprinkle the image with embossing powder.
- Shake or brush off the excess powder and use the heat tool to melt the powder, set aside.
- Fill in the circles on the scrap paper with a small amount of paint, smudge with the finger dabber.
- After the circles are completely dry, add some contrasting shadow with a pastel pencil and smudge with your finger.
- Trim the scrap paper to 1"x2.25" and glue to the ATC.
- Swipe the edges of the ATC with chalk ink.
- Glue the metal embellishment on the card.