19 Loom Knitting Patterns
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Loom knitting is a great way to break into knitting if you haven't quite gotten the hang of knitting with needles. We've got lots of knitting loom patterns to share with you, for basics like hats and scarves and also for different loom knitting projects such as slippers, baby bunting, and more. Learn all about knitting looms and looming patterns using our free loom knitting patterns!
19 Loom Knitting Patterns Table of Contents
Below are some of our free knitting loom patterns for hats. Hats make nice first projects because they're useful and can be given away as gifts! Check out the loom knitting instructions to make one or all of these adorable hats.
Double Knit Hat with Earflaps: Keep your ears warm with this double knit hat with cute ear flaps. This is a great little project to use up some of your left over partial skeins.
Cozy Knitted Ribbed Hat: Use a solid color or multiple colors of yarn to create this fun and cozy ribbed hat on a 10" inch knitting board or larger.
Stripe Hat in Rib Stitch: This really cute, traditional hat that can be made on any knitting board with 22 needles.
American Flag Hat Version 1: Make a patriotic American flag hat with this loom knitting from Michael Sellick. You will find a complete video tutorial to help you follow this loom knitting pattern, as well as bonus videos to embellish your 4th of July hat even more!
American Flag Hat Version 2: Version 2 is done in vertical stripes, rather than horizontal stripes.
- American Flag Hat Version 3: Version 3 features a stripe brim and solid blue top.
You can use a loom or a knitting board to make theseknitting board patterns for warm winterwear. Loom knitting patterns like these are the best way to stay warm in cold weather. Nothing beats a hand-knit hat, scarf, or gloves. They just don't make them like this in stores! You'll love making a loom knitting scarf pattern and other free looming patterns for winterwear.
Cable Hat, Scarf, and Mittens: This beautiful free knitting pattern to make a matching hat, scarf and mittens involves smooth stockinette, ribs, and cables. Bulky wool makes it all very warm and cozy.
Broken Rib Hat and Scarf: This hat and scarf is a fun and easy variation of the basic rib stitch. By shifting the wrapping pattern one peg to the right every five rows and then back again, the ribs stagger back and forth across the knitting, appearing to be broken. The pattern is subtle and shows up best if using a solid colored yarn. The hat can easily be adjusted to any size by changing the number of stitches cast on and rows knitted. Give it a try today!
Open Weave Scarf Head Wrap: This is a great accessory. Once you have knit it once, you can do many variations. It also makes a wonderful Holiday gift, and it can be knit up in a matter of hours. The entire garment is knit in Stockinette Stitch, and consists of two triangles. It’s the yarn that gives it the wonderful, swirly edges.
Julianne Fingerless Gloves: These knitted gloves offer lots of warmth for the hands and wrists with the fingers free. This glove is shaped to fit comfortably around each finger.
Open Weave Knit Poncho: An oversized, relaxed fit makes this a very comfortable poncho. The fast and design design makes it perfect for beginning knitters.
Warm Wool Mittens: Enjoy free knitting patterns for mittens like these warm knitted wool mittens that are sure to keep your hands toasty all winter long.
- NEW! Blueberries and Cream Scarf: Scarves are portable, but that doesn't mean that they can't look edible. This Blueberries and Cream Scarf is a blue and white do-it-yourself masterpiece made using a loom. The decadent yarn on this handmade scarf will keep your neck and chest toasty warm and comfortable.
Finally, we have included loom knitting patterns for miscellaneous pieces, all of which would make great gifts. If you're looking for a loom knit pattern that isn't for keeping warm in the winter, try one of these knit loom free patterns. These miscellaneous loom knitting patterns include something for everyone.
Set of 4 Knitted Coasters: This set of four, different-colored knitted coasters is a fun and easy project and makes a delightful gift. It’s also a great way to use up some left over yarn.
Made to Fit Double Knit Slippers: With a few simple measurements and calculations, you will be able to make slippers for anyone, from your child’s baby doll up to Great Grandpa! Not only that, but you will be able to use any weight yarn, the stitch of your choice, and different gauge knitting boards. You truly get to be the designer. Make them big and bulky or lightweight. Design them with a stand up, bootie style, or moccasin cuff. Or, make them with no cuff at all. Stripes, novelty yarns, and different stitch patterns are all ways to make slippers that are unique. Let your imagination soar. These make great gifts, and are quick and easy. This may be the last slipper pattern you will ever need!
Angels Baby Bunting: What a great way to keep baby extra warm and cuddly with easy open button front and drawstring hood.
Two Hour Knitted Potholders: It seems that we have a fabric eating monster in our home. Socks, dishcloths, hand towels, and potholders seem to disappear with alarming regularity. Or maybe it’s just my 2 and 4 year old throwing things away when I’m not looking! It finally got so bad, I could hardly find a potholder to get things out of the oven. Well, with plenty of cotton yarn in my stash, I thought that, surely, I could knit up a much needed potholder without running to the store. The key was to get it thick enough. I’ve found that using two strands of cotton yarn and the double stitch works very well. These are so much nicer and thicker than the potholders you can buy in the store, and now you can make them to match your kitchen décor. Plus, they are easy to knit and work up quickly. So, save yourself a trip to the store and knit a few today.
Diver Down Flower: Use your knitting loom to make this pretty diver down flower, an essential part of safe scuba diving. This free knitting pattern is from craft designer Maria Nerius.
- NEW! Diver Down Flower: Use your knitting loom to make this pretty diver down flower, an essential part of safe scuba diving.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bush Baby T-Shirt Craft
- Watermelon Tie Dye Design
- Dipped Shorts Tie Dye Technique
- Quirky Tie Dye Bracelet
- Frog Coin Purse
- Precious Panda Knit Hat
- Men's Woodsy Knit Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
- Sweet-ish Knit Hat Pattern
- How to Dye a Shirt with RIT Dye