27 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
By: Caley Walsh, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Peruse this collection of quick and easy free knitting patterns when you are first learning how to knit. Create an easy scarf, dishcloth or even a felted coffee cozy. There are even free knitting patterns for babies and kids.
Before you try any of these patterns, take a look at our three-part Beginner’s Guide to Knitting. This guide will explain how to get started, lay out all of the materials you need and introduce basic techniques. The video tutorials included in this guide will really aid the visual learner.
Our free eBook 12 Easy Lace Knitting Patterns includes afghans, cardigans, scarves and more.
If you want to explore knitting before purchasing all the materials, try finger knitting. Done without needles, finger knitting is a great way to learn the basic concepts of knitting. You can create easy headbands, toys and scarves with finger knitting. Once you've mastered finger knitting, you can explore a ton of free knitting patterns.
Free Knitting Patterns Table of Contents
- Common Questions about Simple Knitting Patterns
- Easy Free Knitting Patterns: Scarves
- Easy Free Knitting Patterns: Poncho, Vest and Other Wearables
- Even More Free Easy Knitting Patterns
Don't be embarrassed if you are new to knitting - there is so much to learn and take in! Gather up a few free knitting patterns for beginners, secure your needle and yarn and gather up your list of questions. While you're seeking out your free easy knitting patterns, keep these questions and answers as a resource and refer to them when you need some extra help as you look for more free knitting patterns for hats, scarves and more.
Our free eBook How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns was made with the beginner in mind!
Free scarf knitting patterns are a reliable starting point for most beginning knitters Try your hand at one of these beginner free knitting patterns for scarves. Start with a small project and, once you've tested your skills, move on to other free easy knitting patterns. Before you know it, you'll be a knitting expert with an arsenal of handmade items to give to friends and family members.
- Super Easy Boa Scarf
- Easy Camouflage Neckwarmer
- Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
- Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
- A Green Lace Scarf
- Beginner Montgomery Scarf
- Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
- Super Easy Boa Scarf
- NEW! Soft and Easy Alpaca Scarf
- NEW! Beginner Montgomery Scarf
- NEW! Button Scarf Wrap
- NEW! Easy Striped Scarf
If free knitting patterns for scarves aren't your thing, you can still find plenty of free beginner knitting patterns for a variety of other projects. If you just want to find simple knitting patterns that don't require a ton of time and effort, these free easy knitting patterns are the perfect projects for you. Get ready for compliments - these versatile wearables are sure to get you noticed.
- Easy Kid's Knit Poncho
- Tie Front Knit Vest
- Button Shrug Knitting Pattern
- Two Piece Knit Poncho
- Cable Half Poncho
- Easy Lace Shawl
Learn to knit a scarf pattern, make funky baby clothes, and knit shabby chic decorating items with all the easy knitting patterns in our free eBook Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
You can never have too many free easy knitting patterns, so we've rounded up some reader favorites for you to enjoy. Save your favorites and make knitted slippers, blankets and so much more. These free knitting patterns for beginners make great gifts too, so be sure to revisit this list during the holiday season. Who wouldn't want to receive a warm pair of knitted footies? Be sure to try a couple different projects - it's a great way to stretch your skills.
- Easy Knit Dishcloths
- Felted Knit Coffee Cozies
- Felted Knit Journal Cover
- Adam's Rib Cap
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- NEW! Grandma's Knitted Slippers
- NEW! Simple Slipper Project
- NEW! Easy Chunky Knitted Footies
- NEW! Easy Chunky Knit Blanket
For more beginner knitting patterns, check out our free eBook 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 53 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- 27 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Glamorous Coat
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 13 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Cold Weather + 4 More Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 15 Easy Lace Knitting Patterns + 6 New Tutorials
- "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook
- Pink Ribbed Knit Vest
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie