59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
By: The Editors of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Whether you're new to knitting or have been purling for years, there's no denying that knitting scarves is a fun and easy project for all. These free scarf knitting patterns are perfect for all kinds of knitters, people, and genders.
There are so many great knit scarf patterns for women and we have tons of free scarf knitting patterns to suit your needs. The Arizona Dusk Scarf, for example, is warm enough to wear in the winter and fall, yet perfect for those cooler spring months as well.
Speaking of men, we have some great knitting scarves for men that would make excellent birthday or holiday gifts. No matter what the weather, men of all ages will love this Makin' Bacon Scarf! It's fun, easy to make, and a unique gift that he's sure to appreciate.
Patterns like the Little Boy's Hat and Scarf Set are easy to customize - kids will love picking out the colors! There are plenty of easy scarf knitting patterns that you can work on and later donate to charity as a way to give back to the community.
PATTERN BATTLE! Pick your favorite free scarf knitting pattern now!
59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
Table of Contents
BRAND NEW!: Free Printable for Yarn Lovers
Don't be afraid to wash your new scarf! Learn how to read those little symbols on your skeins of yarn with this handy guide. Once you print out and save our handy Yarn Washing Guidelines cheat sheet, you'll never have to worry about a stain again. If you are looking for a free scarf pattern to give to a friend, be sure to include this yarn washing guide when you hand over your homemade present.
If you're looking for knitting scarf patterns, look no further than these scarf knitting patterns for women. You'll find winter scarves, cowls, wraps, and more! You can also customize these patterns if you plan on knitting a scarf for the man in your life. Adult knitting patterns are a great option if you want to skip the mall and save money.
- Vanilla Meringue Cowl
- Chic Diagonal Scarf
- Diagonal Baktus Lace Scarf
- Glitter Openweave Scarf
- Soft and Easy Scarf - A crazy comfortable free knitting pattern that is ideal for snuggly days.
- Hooded Scarf
- Chain Stitch Scarf
- Green Lace Scarf
- Diagonal Color Scarf
- Black and White Scarf - This one matches everything!
- Flounce Scarf
- Coconut Milk Scarf
- Sunset Scarf Knitting Pattern - great gift idea!
For more great knitting patterns, check out these free craft eBooks:
There are so many options when it comes to knit scarf patterns and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Whether you're looking for a warm and cozy homemade scarf or desire something more fashionable. Scarves also make great gifts, so be sure to knit a few and save them for later.
- 2 Hour Scarf - A scarf you can knit and purl in one afternoon.
- Easy Boa Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Cowl Pattern
- Button Scarf Wrap
- Cable Knit Scarf and Hat - Keep warm with this matching knitting set.
- Lace Cable Scarf
- Winter Cable Set
- Pink Cable Set
- Cable Knit Scarf Pattern
- Arizona Dusk Scarf - Just because it is chilly doesn't mean you have to drop your southwest flair.
- Kiel Scarf
- Dragon Stitch Scarf
- Knotted Fringe Scarf
- Raspberry Ruffles Cowl Knitting Pattern would you make this?
Knit scarf patterns are great projects for beginners. Get all the help you need with 27 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help! You'll find a ton of easy knitting scarf patterns and fun ideas for winter projects. You can even use these adult knitting patterns to make adorable gifts for the holiday season. Everyone will love your creations and will want their own hand-knit designs. If you're new to knitting or just want to brush up on your skills, now is the time to get started.
Whether you're looking for birthday or holiday gifts, it's often a challenge just to think of something to get your dad or brother. Easy scarf knitting patterns for men is a great way to come up with a gift for your husband, boyfriend, son, uncle, and all the other men in your life. With these various scarf knitting patterns, you're sure to find something perfect for all the men on your list!
- Easy Striped Scarf
- Cable Knit Scarf
- Alpaca Knit Scarf
- Chevron Scarf
- Bostonian Knit Scarf Pattern
- Men's Hat and Scarf
- Neck Warmer Collar
- Makin' Bacon Scarf - LOL! This is a reader fave.
- Grey Knit Scarf Set
- Autumn Garter Stitch Scarf
It's time to get inspired! Discover a few of our favorite scarf knitting patterns and learn how to make your own stylish accessories with 5 Inspiring Knit Scarf Pattern Ideas. The free scarf knitting patterns in the collection are as diverse as they are beautiful. Make one for yourself and another for your friend - these adult knitting patterns turn into great DIY gifts for birthdays or Christmas. If you're new to knitting, have no fear - these beginner knitting patterns are perfect for all skill levels.
Since these free scarf knitting patterns for kids are generally smaller and easier to make, they work up quickly and are a great outlet for experimenting with color and technique.
- Ribbed Hat and Scarf for Child
- Colorful Winter Set
- Little Boy's Hat and Scarf Set - Keep your little man warm during snowman season.
- Diagonal Hat and Scarf
- Shine On Hat and Scarf
- Beginner Striped Scarf
- Bobble Scarf and Hat
- Holiday Knit Scarf
- NEW! 30 Minute Arm Knitted Scarf
Free Craft Video: How to Finger Knit
Take a look at these scarf knitting patterns and get inspired. Start working on these patterns today and build up an arsenal of handmade scarves for holidays and birthdays.
- Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
- My Favorite Things Yorganza Scarf just added!
- Soft and Easy Alpaca Scarf
- Leafy Lace Scarf - This lovely idea will get you in the mood for fall year round.
- Golden Wheat Scarf
- Mountain Mist Scarf
- Knit Scarflette
- Luxurious Alpaca Scarf
- Skinny Scarf or Belt
- Wave Cable Scarf Reversible
- NEW! Black and White Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
One you check out these free scarf knitting patterns, you'll want to create your own winter wardrobe. Luckily, there are plenty of great free knitting patterns in 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns. In this printable collection, you'll find hats for adults and children that can be worn all season long. The cute designs and warm yarn will make this the best winter ever.
Leave a comment below and tell us your pick.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- Rainbow Dog Sweater
- Diagonal Basket Weave Washcloth with Picot Edge
- Single Skein Scarflette Pattern
- Easy Lace Shawl
- Quick and Easy Shawl
- Dog Hooded Coat
- 21 Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook
- 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Cold Weather + 4 More Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry Ornament
- Mini Mollie Mini Mandalas
- Easy Wooden Farmhouse Sign
- Harvest Wreath
- Design Your Own Handmade Quilt Pattern
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
- Turkey Welcome Wreath
- Twine and Berry Fall Wreath
- Printable Wedding Invitations