With a little experience, knitting can produce lighter garments with more intricate, openwork designs.
As opposed to solid knit garments, lace knits are good for warmer and transition months when you want something a little lighter. With this collection of easy lace knitting patterns, you can knit feminine tops, breezy scarves or knitting lace afghans.
Lace knitting patterns like these are also great for making heirloom quality birthday or baby shower gifts. The openwork designs in these easy lace knitting patterns make them lovely to see.
15 Easy Lace Knitting Patterns Table of Contents
Lace Knitting Patterns for Afghans
- Lace Cable Afghan Knitting Pattern: Our favorite of the knitting lace afghans, this afghan has an intricate, branching design intended for intermediate knitters.
- Lacy Stitch Afghan Knitting Pattern: This lacy afghan has a great ripple texture, great for baby blankets or bigger projects.
- NEW! Arrowhead Lace Knit Throw: This stunning lace knitting pattern is great for any room in your house. It's great to cuddle up with on those cooler spring nights and a perfect addition to your bedroom decor.
Lace Knitting Patterns for Sweaters, Vests and Shirts
- Long Tunic Vest Knitting Pattern: This lacy vest features various designs so you will not get bored while knitting.
- Crossover Top Knitting Pattern: Knit a pretty, feminine top with lace panel for summer with this lace knitting pattern.
- Eyelet Top Knitting Pattern: A lacy eyelet design runs throughout this short-sleeve sweater pattern.
- Lacy Knit Cardigan: Knit an elegant cardigan for work or play with this lace cardigan knitting pattern. This is an intermediate knitting pattern.
- NEW! Tsu Shi Tunic: Get ready for compliments as you throw on this lightweight sweater that's perfect for summer and spring. Wear it jeans and layer it with a tank top and you'll have an outfit that's packed full of glamor.
Lace Knitting Patterns for Scarves and Wraps
- Free Lace Scarf Knitting Pattern: Create a lovely lace scarf with or without bead trim with this free lace scarf knitting pattern.
- Easy Lace Shawl Knitting Pattern: Requiring no seaming, this lace shawl pattern is quick and looks beautiful as a wrap.
- NEW! Diagonal Baktus Lace Scarf: This artsy and fun scarf is the perfect spring or summer accessory. Made in a bright and lightweight yarn, this elegant lace scarf can help you dress up an outfit or can be a fun splash of color to a simple wardrobe staple.
Lace Knitting Patterns for Kids and Babies
- Baby Layette Knitting Pattern: With baby bonnet, jacket and booties, accented with white ribbons, this is a lovely lace set for the new baby.
- Pretty Floral Baby Cardigan: With floral detail, this lace cardigan is a lovely way to keep baby warm. Creating the cables makes this cardigan an intermediate knitting pattern.
- Lacy Kids Cardigan: This lace cardigan is a match to the adult’s lacy knit cardigan but in a smaller size. This cardigan is light and beautiful for any occasion.
- NEW! Lacy Cardigan and Hat Set: This lacy combo is a great lacy knitting project. You're little girl will love this sweet combo and she can easily wear if throughout the year.