Use up some leftover yarn by knitting these funny Christmas slippers for you or a friend! These Cozy Rudolph Slippers will have you 'shouting out with glee' at how easy and fun they are to make!
- 1 skein of chunky type yarn any color
- 1 skein of chunky white
- Small amount of chunky red
- Small amunt of double knit type yarn in brown
- 2 buttons for eyes
- Size 10 (6mm) knitting needles
- Large plastic needle
- Regular sewing needle and thread
- 2 decorative buttons
Tension 4 sts and 6 rows (3 garter stitch ridges) = 1 inch
- Cast on 29 (35-41) sts with mottled yarn
- Row 1: Knit across.
- Row 2: K9(11-13), *P1,K9(11-13), repeat from *once more.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 until 20 (24-28) rows have been knit.
- Change to white and work until 30 (34.38) rows have been knit
- continue in white
- Row 1: P1, *K1,P1, repeat from *across row
- Row 2: K1, *P1,K1, repeat from *across row
- Repeat these 2 rows until you have 6 rows (8-10) then change to red and work 6 (4-6) rows then work row 1 once more, cut off yarn leaving an 8” end.
- Draw 8” end through remaining sts and pull up tightly, then sew with large plastic needle from beginning of ribbing to form toe. Fold cast one edge in half and sew inside seam for center back
- To make the antlers I used a 4 st i-cord. After working 4 rows, I slipped 2 sts to a cable needle, working with the remaining 2 sts on my working needles, increased using the Make 1 increase. The next row, I increased again to regain 4 sts. After 4 rows, I repeated the above and once I had regained 4 sts a second time I broke my yarn, wove it through my remaining sts and pulled tight and secured. I then picked up my first 2 sts from the cable needle and working in i-cord, increase using Make 1 (3 sts) work 4 rows and break yarn, weave through remaining sts, pull tight and secure. Repeat for 2 set of slipped sts on cable needle for 2nd antler branch. Repeat for all four antlers.