Soft Baby Socks
By: Julie Huston for Treasures Made from Yarn
Baby socks and shoes are so fun to make! These Soft Baby Socks are great for boys and girls...and are so easy to make that you'll soon be making a pair for all the little toes in your household!
- Super soft sock yarn
- 3 knitting needles
- Cast on 40 stitches: 20 on needle one, 10 on needle 2 and 3:
- Pattern Stitch : Row 1-4: *K3, P1* repeat
- Row 5-8: P1,K1*P3,K1* repeat ending with P2
- Leg/ cuff: Do pattern stitch desired leg length
- When you are ready to work the heel, turn after finishing on needle 3:
- Heal Flap (on needles 2 and 3): Row 1: Slip 1, Purl, turn
- Row 2: Slip 1, Knit, turn (or you can Sl 1, *K1, Sl 1* repeat until end) Repeat these two rows until you have 18 rows completed
- Heal Turn: S1,P10,P2tog,P1, turn
- S1,P4,P2Tog,P1, turn
- Continue in this manner until all the stitches are worked.
- You should have 12 stitches on the needle
- With an empty needle, pick up 10 stitches along heel flap (now needle 3) , continue pattern stitch along needle 1, pick up 10 stitches along other side of heal flap and knit the next 6 stitches (now needle 2), move remaining 6 stitches to needle 3, 16 stitches on needles 2 and 3, 10 stitches in needle 1.
- Start the decrease: Row 1: With needle 3, knit to last three stitches, K2Tog, K1. With needle 1, continue pattern stitch. With needle 2, K1, SSK and K until end
- Row 2: Knit on needle 3, continue pattern on needle 1, Knit on needle 2
- Repeat these two rows until you have 10 stitches on needles 2 and 3 (40 Total)
- Continue row 2 until you have desired foot length, ending on needle 2
- To make the toe: first row:starting with needle 3, K until you get to the last three stitches, K2tog and K the last stitch.On needle one K first stitch,SSK, K until the last three stitches, then K2tog, K. On need two K first stitch, SSK and K until end
- Second row:Knit on all three needles
- Repeat row one and two until half (20) stitches remain.
- Close with Kitchener's stitch.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts