Creta Lace Socks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knitting socks isn't just for grannies anymore. Become a knit master with this free pattern for Creta Lace Socks!
- Yarn: Naturally Caron.com Spa 75% Microdenier acrylic, 25% bamboo; 3 oz/85 g, 251 yds/230 m ball): 3 balls. Shown in: #0006 Berry Frappe
- One set of 4 double point needles (dpn) size US 6 (4 mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Split ring marker
- Yarn needle
SIZES: Adult Medium (Large)
Foot: 7 ½ (8 ½)”/19 (21.5) cm
In k1, p1 rib, 22 sts and 26 rows = 4"/10cm
In Stockinette st, 22 sts and 26 rows = 4"/10cm
In Open and Closed Fans st, 22 sts and 26 rows = 4"/10cm
Yarn over (yo)
K1, p1 rib
Stockinette stitch (St st)
Open and Closed Fans (multiple of 9 sts + 2)
Rnd 1: K2, *yo, k2, ssk, k2tog, k2, yo, k1; repeat from * around.
Rnd 2: Knit.
Rnd 3: K1, *yo, k2, ssk, k2tog, k2, yo, k1; repeat from * around, ending with k1.
Rnd 4: Knit.
Repeat Rnds 1-4 for Open and Closed Fan st.
To make the top of rib on socks more elastic, use a #7 straight needle and transfer the sts onto 3 of the size 6 dpns.
CO 46 sts. Place 15 sts on needles #1 & 3, 16 sts on needle #2. Join rnd being careful not to twist sts, placing marker at beginning of rnd.
Work in k1, p1 rib for 1 ½”.
Knit next rnd inc 1 st. -- 47 sts.
Work in Open and Closed Fan st until sock measures 7 ½ (8 ½)”, ending with a k rnd and inc 1 st in last rnd -- 48 sts.
Heel Flap (worked back and forth in rows):
(RS) Knit across 24 sts; put remaining 24 sts on an extra dpn.
Row 1 (WS): S1, purl across.
Row 2: *Sl 1, k1; repeat from * across ending with Row 1.
Repeat these 2 rows for approx. 2 ½” (6cm).
Note: There should be 11 long loops on side of heel flap.
Row 1: Sl 1, k12, ssk, k1, turn.
Row 2: Sl 1, p3, p2tog, p1, turn.
Row 3: Sl 1, k4, ssk, k1, turn.
Row 4: Sl 1, p5, p2tog, p1, turn.
Row 5: Sl 1, k6, ssk, k1, turn.
Row 6: Sl 1, p7, p2tog, p1, turn.
Row 7: Sl 1, k8, ssk, k1, turn.
Row 8: Sl 1, p9, p2tog, turn
Row 9: Sl 1, k10, ssk, k1, turn.
Row 10: Sl 1, p11, p2tog, p1, turn.
There should be 14 sts rem.
Knit across the first 7 sts (this is needle #3 and will be the center of your heel) and. mark with marker or safety pin. With the next needle (needle #1) knit across the other 7 heel sts, then pick up 12 sts along the side of the heel flap (19 sts); with needle #2 knit across the 24 sts; with extra dpn pick up 12 sts along the heel flap and knit last 7 heel sts (19 sts) -- 62 sts.
Note: There should be 19 sts each on needles #1 and #3; and 24 sts on needle #2. Decs will now be worked at the end of first needle and beginning of 3rd needle.
Rnd 1: Knit to last 3 sts on needle #1, k2tog, k1; knit across instep on needle #2; on needle #3, k1, ssk, k to end of rnd.
Rnd 2: Work even in pattern as established.
Repeat last 2 rnds until there are 12 sts each on needles #1 and 3, and 24 sts on needle #2 – 48 sts. Work evenly in St st until sock (slightly stretched) measures 2" less than desired length of bottom of foot. (Medium size is 7 ½” long; Large size is 8 ½” long.)
Rnd 1: Knit to last 3 sts on needle #1, k2tog, k1; on needle #2, k1, ssk, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1; on needle #3, k1, ssk, knit to end.
Rnd 2: Knit.
Repeat these 2 rnds until 6 sts rem each on needles #1 and 3, and 12 sts rem on needle #2 – 24 sts.
Repeat only Rnd 1 until 8 sts rem.
Break yarn, leaving a 5" tail. Using yarn needle, thread the yarn through the rem sts and pull tight to fasten.
To make the toe finish firmer, run the yarn through the sts again.
Weave in ends and block.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff