Pom Poms Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Yarn pom-poms in various sizes add a touch of fun to this free scarf knitting pattern. Make this easy scarf knitting pattern for a holiday gift or keep for yourself.
- Caron International's Simply Soft Quick (100% acrylic; 3 oz/85 g, 50 yds/46 m) #0002 Off White, 7 skeins
- One pair needles US size 13 (9 mm) OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- Crochet hook size US I-9 (5.5 mm) for border
- Yarn needle
- Pompon maker (optional)
Finished Size: Scarf measures approximately 6" wide (slightly stretched) by 56" long, excluding poms.
Gauge: In Pattern Stitch, slightly stretched: 20 sts and 17 rows = 4"/10 cm. Gauge is not critical for this project.
3 x 3 Rib
Chain (ch) -- for attaching pompons
3 x 3 Rib Pattern (multiple of 6):
All rows: *Knit 3, purl 3; repeat from * for 3 x 3 Rib Pattern.
Cast on 30 sts. Work in 3 x 3 Rib Pattern until piece measures 56” long (or desired length). Bind off in rib.
Make five 3” poms and six 1 1/2” poms. If using Pompon maker, make pom poms as indicated in the instructions. Otherwise, make as follows: Wind yarn around fingers or cardboard that's the size indicated 24 times. Carefully remove loops from fingers or cardboard and tie tightly around center of loops. Cut through each folded edge of loops; trim to a smooth round shape.
Scarf end #1, from L to R:
Pom #1: Using a length of yarn, join two small poms together. Then join to a large pom in a “stack.” Join yarn to left end of scarf and ch 4. Break off, leaving a 9” end. Sew this end to large pom.
Pom #2: Mark center of end of scarf. Sew one large pom to center.
Pom #3: Join bottom of small pom to top of large pom. Attach yarn to right end of scarf and ch 2. Break off, leaving a 9” end and sew to top of small pom.
Scarf end #2, from L to R:
Pom #1: Same as Pom #1 above and attach to left corner edge.
Pom #2: Same as Pom #3 above and attach to right corner edge.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts