Mountain Mist Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Reminiscent of a soft morning mist, this Mountain Mist Scarf is made from a combination of knitting techniques and color blocks. With a gradual transition from green to blue, this lovely knit scarf pattern is perfect for anytime of year. Thick enough to keep you warm in the summer and light enough to add some color to a nice summer evening outfit, this knit scarf is great for men and women alike and makes a fun and easy project for a beginning knitter.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- 2 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) in Country Green (A)
- 2 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) in Sage Green (B)
- 2 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) in Mod Green (C)
- 2 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) in Mod Blue (D)
- 2 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) in Robin's Egg (E)
- Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Large eye blunt needle
Gauge: 19 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches [10 centimeters] in garter stitch.
Approximately 8 x 72 inches [20.5 x 183 centimeters].
Make 5 Solid Squares, 1 each in Contrast A, B, C, D and E.
- Cast on 38 stitches.
- 1st row: (Wrong side). Knit.
- 2nd row: (Right side). Knit.
- Repeat these 2 rows for garter stitch pattern. Continue in pattern as established until work from beginning measures 8 inches [20.5 centimeters], ending with a Right side (2nd) row.
- Cast off knitwise (Wrong side).
- Weave in ends.
- Make 4 Stripped Squares in the following color combinations:
- 1 using A as Contrast A and B as Contrast B.
- 1 using B as Contrast A and C as Contrast B.
- 1 using C as Contrast A and D as Contrast B.
- 1 using D as Contrast A and E as Contrast B.
To change colors, simply drop previous color and begin knitting with new color.
When joining a new color for the fi rst time, leave a tail approximately 4 inches [10 centimeters] long to ensure you are left with enough yarn to weave in your end.
When working narrow stripes as given below, do not cut your yarn when changing colors. Simply allow the color not in use to be drawn up loosely along the side of your work.
- With A, cast on 38 stitches.
- 1st row: (Wrong side). With A, knit.
- Proceed in Stripe pattern as follows:
- 1st row: (Right side). With B, knit.
- 2nd row: With B, knit.
- 3rd row: With A, knit.
- 4th row: With A, knit.
These 4 rows form Stripe pattern.
- Continue in pattern as established until work from beginning measures 8 inches [20.5 centimeters], ending with a Right side (1st or 3rd) row.
- With same color as previous row, cast off knitwise (Wrong side).
- Weave in ends.
- Sew squares together using a fl at seam as shown in Diagram, noting striped squares will be placed sideways.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Organizers Set
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Vintage Lamb Crochet Toddler Hat Pattern
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Cute Crochet Macarons