Beginner Montgomery Scarf
By: Tricksy Knitter
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to knit this gorgeous beginner Montgomery Scarf with free knitting patterns. Keep warm and trendy with a homemade scarf.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- 2 x 100g (136 yds each) Knit Picks Comfy Bulky (shown in Vinca)
- 5.0 mm needles
- 16 stitches = 4 inches
Finished size: Approximately 6.5 x 80 inches
(instructions given for modifying dimensions)
Cast on 25 sts. If you want to change the width of the scarf, increase or decrease the number of stitches by 2’s.
Rows 1-4: Knit.
Row 5: *K2tog, yo; rep from * until 1 st remains on left needle, k1.
Rows 6-9: Knit.
Rows 10, 12, 14: Purl.
Row 11, 13: Knit.
Repeat these 14 rows, ending with row 9, until scarf is the desired length. (Approximately 60 - 80 inches).
- Bind off.
- k knit
- p purl
- k2tog put the tip of right needle through the first two needles on the left needle and knit them together
- yo bring yarn from back to front over right needle
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts