Beginner Montgomery Scarf
By: Tricksy Knitter
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to knit this gorgeous beginner Montgomery Scarf with free knitting patterns. Keep warm and trendy with a homemade scarf.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- 2 x 100g (136 yds each) Knit Picks Comfy Bulky (shown in Vinca)
- 5.0 mm needles
- 16 stitches = 4 inches
Finished size: Approximately 6.5 x 80 inches
(instructions given for modifying dimensions)
Cast on 25 sts. If you want to change the width of the scarf, increase or decrease the number of stitches by 2’s.
Rows 1-4: Knit.
Row 5: *K2tog, yo; rep from * until 1 st remains on left needle, k1.
Rows 6-9: Knit.
Rows 10, 12, 14: Purl.
Row 11, 13: Knit.
Repeat these 14 rows, ending with row 9, until scarf is the desired length. (Approximately 60 - 80 inches).
- Bind off.
- k knit
- p purl
- k2tog put the tip of right needle through the first two needles on the left needle and knit them together
- yo bring yarn from back to front over right needle
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder