We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make this beautiful Snowtracks Cap and look stylish no matter what the weather throws your way. This trendy hat is the perfect go-to winter accessory and is great for both men and women alike. If you're looking for a knitting challenge, this knit hat pattern is a great one to start working on now. The beautiful knit cables wind down this hat and give it a great look and texture that people of all ages are sure to love. Make one in all your favorite colors so your head can stay warm no matter what outfit you're wearing! This knit cable hat also makes a wonderful gift or stocking stuffer for a loved one or friend.
- 1 ball Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller™ “Bamboo Ewe™” yarn in Mercury
- 3.75 [US 5] and 4.5mm [US 7] 16” long circular knitting needles
- 1 set 4.5mm [US 7] double pointed knitting needles
Gauge: 28 sts = 4”; 26 rounds = 4” in Rib, slightly stretched. Check your gauge: Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
- 2/2 LPC = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle, hold to front; p2, k2 from cable needle.
- 2/2 RPC = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle, hold to back; k2, p2 from cable needle.
- 2/2 LC = slip next 2 sts to cable needle, hold to front; k2; k2 from cable needle.
- 2/2 RC = slip next 2 sts to cable needle, hold to back; k2; k2 from cable needle.
- Ssk = Slip next 2 sts knitwise, one at a time to right needle; insert point of left needle into the fronts of these 2 sts and knit them together from this position.
- Ssp = Slip next 2 sts knitwise, one at a time to right hand needle; pass them back to left hand needle and p2togtbl.
- Hat is worked in the round. As stitches are decreased and no longer fit on circular needle, divide them among 3 double pointed needles to complete.
- K2, p2 Rib (worked over a multiple of 4 sts) Round 1 (Right Side): * K2, p2; repeat from * around. Repeat Round 1 for K2, p2 rib.
Directions are for size Small; changes for sizes Medium/Large are in parentheses. To Fit Head Circumference: 22" (24").
Size Small fits as a skullcap. Size Medium/Large fits as a beanie with upturned brim.
With smaller needles, cast on 100 (120) sts. Place marker for beginning of round and join, being careful not to twist sts. Work in K2, p2 rib for 1½ (3½)”.
Next Round (Inc): [(k2, p2) twice, k1, k into front and back of st, p1, p into front and back of st, (k2, p2) twice] 5 (6) times–110 (132) sts
- Next Round: Work even in rib pattern as established, purl increased sts.
Setup Cable Pattern
Change to larger needles, begin with Round 1, work Cable pattern from chart or instructions below:
Round 1: [K2, p2, k2, p2, 2/2 LPC, 2/2 RPC, p2, k2, p2] 5 (6) times.
Round 2 and all even-numbered rounds: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Round 3: [K2, p2, k2, p4, 2/2 LC, p4, k2, p2] 5 (6) times.
Round 5: [K2, p2, (2/2 LPC, 2/2 RPC) twice, p2] 5 (6) times.
Round 7: [K2, p4, 2/2 RC, p4, 2/2 RC, p4] 5 (6) times.
Round 9: [K2, p2, (2/2 RPC, 2/2 LPC) twice, p2] 5 (6) times.
Round 11: Repeat Round 3.
Round 13: Repeat Round 5.
Round 15: Repeat Round 7.
Round 17: Repeat Round 9.
Round 19: Repeat Round 3.
Rounds 20-22: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Round 23: Repeat Round 3.
Round 25: [K2, p2, k2, p2, 2/2 RPC, 2/2 LPC, p2, k2, p2] 5 (6) times.
- Rounds 26-28: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Round 1: [K2, (p2, k2) twice, ssp, p2tog, (k2, p2) twice] 5 (6) times–100 (120) sts.
Round 2 and even numbered rounds: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Round 3: [k2, p2tog, (k2, p2) 3 times, k2, p2tog] 5 (6) times. 90 (108) sts.
Round 5: [K2, p1, k2, p2tog, k2, p2, k2, p2tog, k2, p1] 5 (6) times–80 (96) sts.
Round 7: [K2, (p1, k2) twice, p2tog, (k2, p1) twice] 5 (6) times–75 (90) sts.
Round 9: [(K2, p1) twice, ssk, p1, k2tog, p1, k2, p1] 5 (6) times–65 (78) sts.
Round 11: [K2, p1, ssk, (p1, k1) twice, p1, k2tog, p1] 5 (6) times–55 (66) sts.
Round 13: [K2tog, p1, (k1, p1) 4 times)] 5 (6) times–50 (60) sts.
Round 15: [Ssk, k1, p1, ssk, k1, p1, ssk] 5 (6) times–35 (42) sts.
Round 16: [K2, k2tog, k1, k2tog] 5 (6) times– 25 (30) sts.
Round 17: [K2tog, k1, k2tog] 5 (6) times–15 (18) sts.
- Round 18: K2tog around, k1 (0)–8 (9) sts.
- Cut yarn leaving long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull tightly to secure. Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Purple Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Printable Quote Coloring Sheet
- Imp Hair Hat
- V-Stitch Hats For All
- Celtic Passion Beanie
- Bright and Colorful Loom Knit Hat
- Super Bulky Oversized Messy Bun Hat
- Seashore Messy Bun Hat
- Heart Quartet Mandala Coloring Page
- Short n Sassy Messy Bun Hat