We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep your head warm and stylish with this garter rib hat with stripes around the crown. Use this easy hat knitting pattern to create a beanie for yourself this winter or gifts at the holiday. For more knitting inspiration, visit Red Heart Yarn.
Size: Directions are for Small; changes for Medium are in
parentheses. Head Circumference: 18 (21)”
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Eco-Ways™”: 1 ball each 3360 Mushroom A and 1615 Lichen B
- Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 16 sts = 4”; 32 rounds = 4” in Garter Rib. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
With B, cast on 72 (84) sts.
Row 1 (WS): With B, *k3, p3; repeat from * across.
Row 2: With A, *p3, k3; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for Garter Rib and working stripe pattern as follows:
Row 3: Work in Garter Rib with A.
Rows 4-5: Work in Garter Rib with B
Rows 6-7: Work in Garter Rib with A
Rows 8-9: Work in Garter Rib with B. Cut B.
Continue as established with A only until piece measures 7 (71/2)”, end with a WS row.
Row 1: *K1, ssk, p1, p2tog; repeat from * across – 48 (56) sts.
Rows 2, 4 and 6: *P2, k2; repeat from * across.
Rows 3, 5 and 7: *K2, p2; repeat from * across.
Row 8: *Ssk, p2tog; repeat from * across – 24 (28) sts.
Rows 9 and 11: *P1, k1; repeat from * across.
Row 10: *K1, p1; repeat from * across.
Row 12: *P2tog, k2tog; repeat from * across – 12 (14) sts.
Cut yarn leaving a long tail. Thread tail through sts and pull tight. Knot to secure.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch