Diagonal Hat and Scarf Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This unique hat and scarf set from Bernat Yarns is knit diagonally and finished off with fun pom-poms. This hat and scarf knitting pattern can be adapted to adults or children.
- Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz) or Bernat Softee Chunky (Ombres: 80 g/2.8 oz)
Hat: Solids: 1 (1-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-2) ball(s)
Scarf: MC -Solids: 1 (1-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-2) ball(s). A -Solids: 1 (2-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-3) ball(s).
- Knitting needles: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 13 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st.
Hat: To fit 2/4 yrs (6/8 yrs-Adult).
Scarf: 5 (7-9) ins [12.5 (18-23) cm] wide x 36 (48-60) ins [91.5 (122-152.5) cm] long.
With MC, cast on 21 (31-41) sts.
**1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: (RS). K1. M1. Knit to last 2 sts. K2tog.
3rd and 4th rows: Knit.
5th row: Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to last st. M1. K1.
6th row: Knit.
These 6 rows form Diagonal Pat.**
Change to A and rep last 6 rows twice more. Last 18 rows form Stripe Pat.
Cont in Diagonal Pat, keeping cont of Stripe Pat until 18 rows of Stripe Pat have been worked 12 (16-20) times. Cast off knitwise.
Tassel (make 2)
Cut a piece of cardboard 6 ins [15 cm] wide. Wind 1 strand each of MC and A around cardboard 20 times. Break yarn leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops 1 inch [2.5 cm] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Attach one tassel to each point at both ends of Scarf.
Note: Hat has been sized to allow for stretch.
Cast on 35 (41-51) sts.
Work from ** to ** as given for Scarf until side of work measures 16 (17-18) ins [40.5 (43-45.5) cm], ending on a 3rd or 6th row of Diagonal Pat. Cast off knitwise.
Sew cast on and cast off edges tog. Using a running st, stitch around hat 2 ins [5 cm] down from upper edge of Hat. Pull to gather for top of Hat. Fasten securely.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page
- Geometric Adult Coloring Page
- Big Eyed Owl Adult Coloring Page