Cozy Knit Watercolor Wristers
By: Cathy Payson for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're a master at knit rib stitches, try your hand at making these cozy knit watercolor wristers from Red Heart Yarn. They are easy to make Christmas gifts and will help keep your hands warm if your office is freezing!
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- Red Heart® With Love™ Art. E400 available in solid color 7 oz (198 g), 390 yd (357 m); multi-color 5 oz (141 g), 230 yd (211 m) skeins: 1 skein 1816 Waterlily
- Knitting needles: 5.5mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 24 sts = 4”; 22 rows = 4” in ribbing. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
Cl (Cluster) = [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times all in next st, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- Cast on 38 sts. Knit 1 row. Work in ribbing as follows:
- Row 1 (Right Side): K2, * p2, k2; repeat from * across.
- Row 2: P2, * k2, p2; repeat from * across.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for ribbing until piece measures 2”, end Row 2.
- Divide for Thumb (Right Side): Keeping continuity of ribbing, work across first 26 sts, bind off next 2 sts, work to end.
- Next Row: Work to bind-off, cast on 2 sts, work to end.
- Work even in ribbing until piece measures 8” or desired length. Bind off all sts in ribbing loosely.
- Work same as for Right Wrister EXCEPT work Divide For Thumb Row as follows: K10, bind off 2 sts, work to end.
- Sew seams. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Guest Knitting Pattern: Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Fingerless Gloves
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch