Wavy and Warm Winter Shawl
By: Grace Alexander for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make an entrance this holiday season with this Wavy and Warm Winter Shawl from Red Heart Yarn. Knitted shawls and wraps like this one can keep you warm and toasty in the winter and can also be a great way to add color and texture to your holiday party wardrobe.
- RED HEART® “Light & Lofty™”: Art. E708 (6 ounce/140 yard solid color skein; 4.5 ounce/105 yard multi color skein): 19 Ounces No. 9937 Red Grape Multi or No. 9376 Wine
- Circular Knitting Needle: 12.75mm [US 17] – 36"
- Yarn needle; 11 stitch markers (optional)
10 sts = 4"; 9 rows = 4" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
Hints & Tips:
- Stitch markers placed on the needle between stitches can be helpful tools in keeping the design repeats separated and the stitch count correct. Certainly the use of the markers is optional.
- The stitch count remains the same on each row because the number of increases (yo – yarn over) is the same as the number of decreases (K2tog).
- Slip the markers purlwise on each row.
- After working the first 2 rows, tie a short length of a contrast color yarn to mark the right side of the fabric.
- Cast on 2, place marker on needle, * cast on 18, place marker on needle; repeat from * 9 more times and all 11 markers are in place, cast on 2 – 184 sts.
- Row 1 (Right Side): K2, * slip marker, [K2tog] 3 times, [yo, K1] 6 times, [K2tog] 3 times; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Row 2: Knit.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until approximately 19” from beginning, end by working Row 1.
- Bind off loosely. Weave in ends on the wrong side of the fabric.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chain Braided Belt
- Beautiful Crochet Zipper Pouch
- Chunky Crochet Scarf
- DIY Chalkboard Dollhouse
- Adorably Easy Baby Burp Cloths
- Rustic Burlap Curtains
- Easy Ruffled Dishtowels
- Chicken Wire Christmas Card Display
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Desert Winds Modern Crochet Triangle Scarf