By: Margret Willson for Naturally Caron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Maroma Wrap can be dressed up or down. It's formal enough to pair with a dress and heels, but comfy enough to curl up on the couch with on cold nights.
- Yarn: Naturally Caron.com Spa (75% Microdenier acrylic, 25% Bamboo; 3 oz/100 g, 251 yds/231 m ball) #0003 Soft Sunshine; 18 oz
- One pair each sizes US 6 and 8 (4 and 5 mm)
- Crochet hook size US – G/6 (4mm)
- Yarn needle
- Row counter
Wrap measures approximately 22"/56 cm wide by 68"/172 cm long
Gauge is not critical for this project.
In Lace pattern, using smaller needles, 20 sts and 29 rows = 4"/10 cm
dcd (double centered decrease): Slip 2 sts together,knitwise, to right-hand needle, k1, pass 2 slipped sts over (p2sso).
k2tog (right-slant decrease): Knit 2 sts together through the front loops.
sk2p (double left-slant decrease): Slip 1, k2tog, pass slipped st over knit st.
ssk (left-slant decrease): Slip 2 sts, one at a time KNITWISE to right-hand needle, return sts to left-hand needle in turned position and knit them together through the back loops.
yo (increase): With the yarn in the knit position, bring it to the front between the needles, [to the purl position], then carry it over the needle, ready to knit the next stitch.
Garter stitch (Garter st)
Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 1; 2 sts in Garter st each side = edge sts)
Row 1 (RS): K4, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, * k3, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 2 and all WS rows: K2 (edge sts), purl across to last 2 sts, k2 (edge sts).
Row 3: K3, * k2tog, yo, k3, yo, ssk, k1; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 5: K2, k2tog, yo, k5, * yo, sk2p, yo, k5; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, yo, ssk, k2.
Rows 7 and 9: K2, ssk, yo, k5, * yo, dcd, yo, k5; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, yo, k2tog, k2.
Rows 11 and 17: K4, yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, * k3, yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, k4.
Rows 13 and 19: K5, yo, sk2p, yo, * k5, yo, sk2p, yo; repeat from * across to last 5 sts, k5.
Row 15: K3, * yo, ssk, k3, k2tog, yo, k1; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, k2.
Rows 21 and 23: K5, yo, dcd, yo, * k5, yo, dcd, yo; repeat from * across to last 5 sts, k5.
Rows 25 and 27: Repeat Rows 3 and 5.
Row 28: Repeat Row 2
Repeat Rows 1 – 28 for Lace patt.
Using larger needles, cast on 109 sts.
(WS) Begin Garter st; work even for 3 rows, end with a WS row.
Change to smaller needles and Lace patt; work even for 490 rows (work Rows 1 – 28 a total of 17 times, then Rows 1 – 14 once), end with a WS row.
(RS) Change to larger needles and Garter st; work even for 2 rows.
Bind off all sts loosely.
Rnd 1: Using crochet hook, join yarn with a slip st; sc evenly around entire edge of piece, working 3 sc in each corner, join with slip st in beg sc.
Rnd 2: * Work [sc, ch 3, sc) in next st, skip next st; repeat from * around, end join with a slip st in beg sc.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page